Author Topic: exhaust notes  (Read 24452 times)

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: exhaust notes
« Reply #60 on: 27 June 2018, 13:24 »
It's ready :grin:

https://youtu.be/EwlviwcLb_A

Sounds good, been trying to decide on this for months now.  What's it like on the motorway? I figured I would find it too intrusive with a constant drone so it's put me off doing it so far.  I used to have a cherry bomb exhaust on my first car (Old mini) and it was so loud I got bored of it and went back to standard... don't want history to repeat itself!

It’s only when you’re on boost that you hear it so tootling at 70/80 in 6th/7th is as silent as standard.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 27 June 2018, 14:03 »
It's ready :grin:

https://youtu.be/EwlviwcLb_A

Sounds good, been trying to decide on this for months now.  What's it like on the motorway? I figured I would find it too intrusive with a constant drone so it's put me off doing it so far.  I used to have a cherry bomb exhaust on my first car (Old mini) and it was so loud I got bored of it and went back to standard... don't want history to repeat itself!

It’s only when you’re on boost that you hear it so tootling at 70/80 in 6th/7th is as silent as standard.

Spot on

MK7 GTi

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #62 on: 27 June 2018, 18:25 »
Which one did you go for?

Resonator delete from here - https://progressiveparts.com/vagsport-vw-golf-mk7-gti-clubsport-s-resonator-delete-pipe-kit

Sounds great hog, I'm very tempted for my cs .....might take a trip over the pennines!  :cool:

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #63 on: 28 June 2018, 09:44 »
Might have to get on with this then, the boy racer in me lives on!

mattwilko92

« Reply #64 on: 30 June 2018, 06:45 »
I’ve just had the Milltek race catback (non-res) fitted and love it. Its exactly what i wanted. Only slightly louder than stock when driving normally but plenty of drama when pushing on. The system in itself is top quality, the welds and fitment speak for itself. Would recommend.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #65 on: 30 June 2018, 13:41 »
I’ve just had the Milltek race catback (non-res) fitted and love it. Its exactly what i wanted. Only slightly louder than stock when driving normally but plenty of drama when pushing on. The system in itself is top quality, the welds and fitment speak for itself. Would recommend.

I'm tempted to go stage 2 with my CS which would mean intake, intercooler and full system. Just curious what you did with the old exhaust system, did you keep it or sell it or bin it?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

mattwilko92

« Reply #66 on: 28 July 2018, 21:35 »

I'm tempted to go stage 2 with my CS which would mean intake, intercooler and full system. Just curious what you did with the old exhaust system, did you keep it or sell it or bin it?
Binned it

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #67 on: 29 July 2018, 00:22 »
Binned it

Tempted... One day.  :wink:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 20 August 2018, 15:21 »
Made a quick comparison of start up noise between my previous Mk7.5 230 (grey) and my new 245 Performance model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJCRKZV-7Ho

New one definitely a deeper noise and more crackles on way down.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Lump

• Not said much yet
« Reply #69 on: 08 May 2019, 10:57 »
Fitted a VAG Sport res-delete a few weeks ago. Slightly louder, slightly ‘growlier’ no drone at any revs.
Fitted the Clubsport S backbox today. Slightly louder again without sounding at all obnoxious and ‘aftermarket.’ Lots of growl and burble. Much quicker to respond to throttle than GTI box.
Absolutely perfect, proper sound now for a GTI in my opinion.