Author Topic: Issues-throttle blipping at idle  (Read 1697 times)

Offline fifthflaw

• Not said much yet
Issues-throttle blipping at idle
« on: 22 March 2015, 09:18 »
Hi all
Been hing some problems with my car over the last week or so.  Firstly the computer flashed up a warning regarding an issue with the bending lights.  Thought nothing of it-will get it looked at when I get a minute. 

Couple of days later I get a check oil level warning.  So I check it and see that its a bit on the low side.  Go out and buy a litre of mobil ESP 5W/30 and top it up.  Check it again and oil level is fine.  Drive home and car appears fine until I pull onto the drive and notice a revving sound and see that when I'm not pressing the accelerator the car is revving itself a few hundred RPM.  Really strange.

I switch the car off and start her up again and the engine management light pops up but the issue seems to be gone but reappears a few minutes later.  Bit worried about this now and won't have the opportunity to get to a dealer before thursday.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Cheers
FF
« Last Edit: 22 March 2015, 09:22 by fifthflaw »

Offline fifthflaw

• Not said much yet
Re: Issues-throttle blipping at idle
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2015, 09:29 »
Forgot to mention-before the engine management issue appeared I had a warning light that looks like the cruise control symbol but in orange with an exclamation mark next to it but this went away quite quickly.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2015, 09:48 »
See if there is someone with VCDS near you and do an auto scan.
That will tell you why the light came up.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2015, 10:12 »
It would help if you said what car you had
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline fifthflaw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2015, 10:15 »
Mk7 GTI

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2015, 13:41 »
Issues sound random but could an ECU or sensor issue and is likely to have recorded a fault code.  If you are concerned I would call out VW assist and get them to run a diagnostic, if they find a problem they will arrange to take the car to a dealer and arrange a replacement car, details in the assist book that came with the car.

2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2015, 15:53 »
I had this on my MK5 Golf - was the PCV. Would seem strange on a MK7 which must be relatively new though.

Are you sure the dipstick was replaced properly?
Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2015, 17:30 »
I had this on my MK5 Golf - was the PCV. Would seem strange on a MK7 which must be relatively new though.

Are you sure the dipstick was replaced properly?

^this man is talking sense.

if the oil cap or dispstick are insecure you can get failed-pcv like symptoms, hunting on idle etc.

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2015, 19:09 »
Any update on this?
Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG