Author Topic: Rehab's Mk3  (Read 52071 times)

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
Re: Rehab's Mk3 - low n slow (eventually!)
« Reply #30 on: 10 February 2013, 23:11 »
nice work with the clippers.. can you do my sheep   :kiss:

is that a euphemism mate? haha

it wasn't but it can be if you want.. didn't know you we're that way inclined   :grin:

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 10 February 2013, 23:18 »

it wasn't but it can be if you want.. didn't know you we're that way inclined   :grin:

unless your 'sheep' is an 18 year old Brazilian girl in desperate need of assistance with her bikini line, then i'm afraid theres nothing i can do  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 20 September 2013, 18:01 by jimmydub »

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #32 on: 11 February 2013, 21:33 »

unless your 'sheep' is an 18 year old Brazilian girl in desperate need of assistance with her tan line, then i'm afraid theres nothing i can do  :laugh:

it's fine bud her tan line is a-ok. and so is the rest...  :tongue:

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 14 February 2013, 14:22 »

swap the reflector out for the mk4 ones that illuminate

is this an easy job? would appreciate some advise on this as im thinking about doing some custom puddle lights now...  :whistle:

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 16 February 2013, 21:25 »

swap the reflector out for the mk4 ones that illuminate

is this an easy job? would appreciate some advise on this as im thinking about doing some custom puddle lights now...  :whistle:

once again if anyone can help me with the above would be really appreciated.

now a little update:

decided to next attack the abc's, lining, visors and grab handles. right now i'm just testing the water with paint.
started the spare handles and visors today (thrown in when i picked up my interior), gonna finish painting and fit them tomorrow; see how they cope with daily use over the next week or two.

a few photo's:

first attempt failed straight away, where the plastic hinges you can see it rubbed off:

stripped them back and gave everything a going over with fine grit:

masked the little hinges:

finished visors:

I'm using Plastikote Super Matt and Satin Clear Sealer.

left to dry for now, will update progress tomorrow  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 20 September 2013, 18:02 by jimmydub »

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #35 on: 29 March 2013, 21:46 »
I did cover my lining myself, don't no if you saw it in my thread, but it didn't last long...so that got ripped off at the matt black roller came back out  :laugh:

did you do the lining in your work motor? must of missed that bit. can you link me to it so i can check out what you did.

Yeah I did, tbh I would rather pay someone to cover it, i just painted the bare headlining with the same paint as the body work....sorry for the late reply
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 09 April 2013, 20:29 »

Yeah I did, tbh I would rather pay someone to cover it, i just painted the bare headlining with the same paint as the body work....sorry for the late reply

no worries fella, and my apologies for this late reply!

well i ended up doing quite a bit of research into different materials and came up with an idea that could either be brilliant or fail miserably. unfortunately my funds are way too low right now (hence why I've been so slack on here recently) to get on with the job. i don't want to attack the headlining without going to see Ray first ;) no point pulling all the pillars out twice right?!

so watch this space, all coming soon! gotta get her through the MOT first :/

tried replacing my top mounts last week and someone was clearly far too trigger happy in the past and we couldn't get the f**k*rs undone! sheered 4 allen keys in the process. so the only option (that we can think of) is to brace the shocks inside the arches, which is obviously going to knacker them. There's no point replacing them, may as well get a set of coily's and slam the b!tch.

Unless anyone can advise otherwise????

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #37 on: 11 April 2013, 21:53 »
Will be watching,

Good luck with the MOT
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 12 April 2013, 09:12 »

Oil filter chain wrench around top mount cup. Will work.

no worries fella, and my apologies for this late reply!

well i ended up doing quite a bit of research into different materials and came up with an idea that could either be brilliant or fail miserably. unfortunately my funds are way too low right now (hence why I've been so slack on here recently) to get on with the job. i don't want to attack the headlining without going to see Ray first ;) no point pulling all the pillars out twice right?!

so watch this space, all coming soon! gotta get her through the MOT first :/

tried replacing my top mounts last week and someone was clearly far too trigger happy in the past and we couldn't get the f**k*rs undone! sheered 4 allen keys in the process. so the only option (that we can think of) is to brace the shocks inside the arches, which is obviously going to knacker them. There's no point replacing them, may as well get a set of coily's and slam the b!tch.

Unless anyone can advise otherwise????

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Callum_K

• Here all the time
« Reply #39 on: 12 April 2013, 09:38 »
An impact gun will spin the top nuts off in about 5 seconds... Either get a garage to do it and slip them a fiver, or you can get an awesome 240v Clarke one from machine mart.