Author Topic: scrapping my first golf tomorrow, new one in my sights  (Read 2822 times)

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
Re: scrapping my first golf tomorrow, new one in my sights
« Reply #20 on: 20 December 2012, 20:47 »
Its ridiculous how cheap mk3's are at the moment, 90k miles and £500, bargain. I'd get the red 16v badges on it cus they stand out on a green motor and look mint.  :smiley:

I know man they're so cheap.. guessing cos they're shadowed by the super classic mk2 and are older than the mk4? now's the time to buy one. yeah red would look cool, bit strange cos it's got a red 16v badge on the rear but silver on the grill.. gotta Joey those headlights too! in the oven.. :evil:

Offline MereKat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 21 December 2012, 10:16 »
May have had the 16v badge nicked at some point, they only clip in!

Looks good though, £500 sounds a bargain for an MOT'd and (by the sounds of it) rot free 16v!

Have you checked everywhere on it yet? Mine was cheap, but needed a couple of patches under the sill covers, a new passenger front wing and needs a repair to under the drivers wing (Wing looks good, but you can see its rusting underneath...) My stut legs (?) are also showing rust within the engine bay...

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #22 on: 21 December 2012, 17:58 »
May have had the 16v badge nicked at some point, they only clip in!

Looks good though, £500 sounds a bargain for an MOT'd and (by the sounds of it) rot free 16v!

Have you checked everywhere on it yet? Mine was cheap, but needed a couple of patches under the sill covers, a new passenger front wing and needs a repair to under the drivers wing (Wing looks good, but you can see its rusting underneath...) My stut legs (?) are also showing rust within the engine bay...

you mean strut legs?  :grin:

it doesn't say 16v on the grill (gti) which is why it isn't red (massive doh!)

yeah looks ok for rust. i can see why they rust so much at the wings and sills, the amount of wet mud that fell out of the offside wing from my last golf was mental. mud just sits inside rotting the poor thing away. i've got a drivers wing if you need a non rusty one?