Author Topic: scrapping my first golf tomorrow, new one in my sights  (Read 2821 times)

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
scrapping my first golf tomorrow, new one in my sights
« on: 17 December 2012, 23:07 »
scrapping my 8v tomorrow :( stripped her completely bare!! the good news is i've found my 2nd golf! it's a 16v this time :) needs a bit of work but it will be cheap and i have loads of bits from the 8v.. it's on ebay but i'm gonna try and buy from him on weds when i view it..

very excited!  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline MereKat

• GTI forum regular
Re: scrapping my first golf tomorrow, new one in my sights
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2012, 13:14 »
Happy days! Bought my 16v cheap, thought it would need a huuuge amount throwing at it, but it's not that bad overall! Gotta love a Bargain!

Offline Leroy

• Here all the time
  • Golf GTI Anniversary 16v
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2012, 13:54 »
Every cloud and all that, looking forward to seeing the new 16v, just made the transition myself and quite pleased tbh. Loved my 8v but the 16v feels much more like a GTI should. had a go against a mk4 v5 the other day, wouldn't have even attempted it in the 8v.
« Last Edit: 18 December 2012, 15:45 by Leroy »

Offline MereKat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2012, 13:57 »
Every cloud and all that, looking forward to seeing the new 16v, just made the transition myself and quite pleased tbh. Loved my 8v but the 16v feels much more like a GTI should. Had the balls to take on a mk4 v5 the other day, wouldn't have even attempted it in the 8v.

lol I had a Mk3 Fiesta pushrod that could take on anything! Never won anything though! That car was purely for comedy  :grin:

Offline Leroy

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2012, 15:45 »
Every cloud and all that, looking forward to seeing the new 16v, just made the transition myself and quite pleased tbh. Loved my 8v but the 16v feels much more like a GTI should. Had the balls to take on a mk4 v5 the other day, wouldn't have even attempted it in the 8v.

lol I had a Mk3 Fiesta pushrod that could take on anything! Never won anything though! That car was purely for comedy  :grin:

ive just reworded that last post, it sounded uber gay

Offline GOLF-MK3-GTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2012, 15:57 »
Every cloud and all that, looking forward to seeing the new 16v, just made the transition myself and quite pleased tbh. Loved my 8v but the 16v feels much more like a GTI should. had a go against a mk4 v5 the other day, wouldn't have even attempted it in the 8v.

I've never driven/owned a 16V, Looks like i need to try one to see what its all about. Reading the above sounds like its the real deal  :rolleyes:

Offline Leroy

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2012, 16:03 »

I've never driven/owned a 16V, Looks like i need to try one to see what its all about. Reading the above sounds like its the real deal  :rolleyes:

Hahaha v funny, i was meant to say that going from an 8v to a 16v, although doesn't feel much different seems to give me a bit more confidence at the lights! but i can see from my previous post ive left myself open to some ridicule.....

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2012, 16:47 »
Leroy, you're such a gaylord. :grin:

Offline Leroy

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 18 December 2012, 19:14 »

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
« Reply #9 on: 18 December 2012, 19:27 »
Prefered my old valver over the 2 vr's ive had/still have... bar the noise  :evil:
Dont lose your dinosaur!