Author Topic: Golf Mk 2 Deep Dish Rims  (Read 2874 times)

Offline messy

• Just got here
Golf Mk 2 Deep Dish Rims
« on: 01 October 2003, 23:11 »
Hi Everyone ive just purchashed a Mk2 Golf Gti and i really wan't to put deep dish alloys on them. Has anyone got any recommendations on any deep dish rims that will best suit the car.

Also im considering lowering the car but im not sure whether to get 17" or 16" so the car can be lowered to a decent height without removing the G60 arches.

Once again any advice will be helpful!!!

Thanks  :)

Offline g0ldf1sh

• GTI forum regular
Re: Golf Mk 2 Deep Dish Rims
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2004, 13:13 »
Hi,

Welcome to VW ownership! :P

I have a MKII as you can see in my signature pic.  Getting deep dish alloys i.e 9 X 15/16 onto a MKII is not as easy as some think.  There's a lot of body work to be done to get them not to scrub.

My wheels are 9 X 16 with ET15 Offset.  I have just had G60 arches put on to make the car look right with the wider wheels along with a lot of arch modification.   

The only advice I can give you is to choose the wheels carefully, try Keskin KT1's, Schmidt, Brock, Borbet.  Most are old skool wheels but are still made. 

Try http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/ for wheels, you'll need coilovers, height and dampening adjustable to get a decent drop and still be safe with the arches.  But be prepared to have a fairly harsh ride.

Hope that helps??

G0ldy
Nehmen Sie Keinen Ersatz an

Offline davidhawkins_78

• I live here
  • Valver Bad Boy
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2004, 14:01 »
The offset and the width of the wheels is the main thing to pay attention to. The lower the offset the more the wheels will stick out !! Add that to a really wide wheel, and you're in for some nasty arch mods ....

g0ldf1sh's et15 is rather mad, but looks sweet. (I'm not jealous honest !)

I've just got some porsche rims that are 8j wide on the rear - with the 5 stud adapters the offset will be 32mm, so some 17mm less than g0ldf1sh's with wheels 1j less wide. May not look as wide overall, but you can play it safe if you want - all down to personal preference and wallet size I guess  ;D

Hope this helps too ...

'89 Monza Blue Valver
to quote a VW engineer, "the Mk1 was the prototype, the Mk2, the real thing!"

Blue MK2

« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2004, 14:45 »

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 27 September 2004, 17:03 »
just get a nice set of BBS Splits from a BMW e30. 15x7 with et24 ;)

they just fill the arches lovely. although i do get a bit of scrubbing with people in the rear of the car

marcus123

« Reply #5 on: 27 September 2004, 17:29 »
Brock b2's are great.

polished outer rim, beautiful ;)

Offline g-man

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 27 September 2004, 22:02 »
i have a set of 9x16" borbet a's on my golf g60.. et15mm