Author Topic: HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1864 times)

Offline dave-oz-90

• Not said much yet
HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: 15 March 2012, 20:26 »
Just recently purchased a set of BBS CH replicas (ET35 18x8) from a company off ebay......like a nob I did't try the wheels on and went and got them powder coated followed by a set of tyres. To then find out that the hub is too big for the wheel (not sure how to explain it properly), but only by a couple of mm. Has anyone got any ideas as to what I can do, as I now can't send them back as they're now powder coated?????

Please help  :cry:

Dave

Offline dave-oz-90

• Not said much yet
Re: HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2012, 20:29 »
Sorry it's for my MK4 Golf GTI

Offline justalex81

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2012, 20:43 »
and the pcd of the wheels (the important bit of info we need to help you)?

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2012, 20:43 »
by the hub is too big, do you mean the PDC is the wrong size? if so get some adaptors

Offline dave-oz-90

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2012, 20:59 »
I rang the bloke and he said they would fit my MK4. It is the wrong 'pdc' size but (as daft as this sounds) how do I measure it as there is nothing on the box nor did he state?

Thanks  :smiley:

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2012, 21:04 »
hopefully it will be written on the alloy.

normally will be written as 5x100 (the correct size for mk4 iirc)

if not you may have to measure it, search on google should bring up results, however if you were told they would fit ide take them out tomoro in the light and double check they definatly dont fit, if they dont then ide be making him replace them, his fault for not sending the correct goods.

Offline dave-oz-90

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 15 March 2012, 21:06 »
I thought spigot rings where for when the wheel is too big, not too small? I'm having a mare as i've spent a fair bit already and don't want to spend too much more  :embarassed:

Offline dave-oz-90

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 15 March 2012, 21:15 »
hopefully it will be written on the alloy.

normally will be written as 5x100 (the correct size for mk4 iirc)

if not you may have to measure it, search on google should bring up results, however if you were told they would fit ide take them out tomoro in the light and double check they definatly dont fit, if they dont then ide be making him replace them, his fault for not sending the correct goods.

I think it does say 112 as I've got them in the house. Is there any quick solution, obviously without damaging the wheel? Really pissed off with the bloke as he never stated they were 112  :cry:

Offline justalex81

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 15 March 2012, 21:32 »
they are 5x112. the correct size for a mk5 golf not a mk4.

adapters are the only way. expect a 2nd hand set to cost approx £100

Offline dave-oz-90

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 15 March 2012, 21:38 »
Alright, cheers pal. Any ideas as to where to get them from and what size of adapters? Just looked at the box and it says 5x100. Basically I've looked inside and there is a second lip which is basically stopping them from slotting straight on   :huh: