Author Topic: What's the cheapest / lowest spec mini mac I can buy that will run iTunes well?  (Read 1647 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Greetings,

I'm after buying the cheapest / lowest spec mini mac I can buy that will run iTunes well as my of doesn't get along with iTunes and never has.....

I am presuming that I can use an external hard drive with a mini mac?

Please take note of the following information prior to giving an answer.

1. I'd never have another computer as my main source due to my job, nothing I have for work will work on Mac or if it seems like it will it goes nuts.

2. Event if it did I don't want a Mac anything more than I already have.

3. The specific spec of my pc is unimportant but know that it does every other task required with

4. I want the mini mac as I can hide it behind one of my monitors so it would be invisible.

Thought and help please?

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
£529 according to the Apple site, same price on Curry's. Same price as you'll find most places as Apple doesn't give much margin to resellers, if you know any students you might get a little off :wink:

Seems a bit overkill just to get iTunes working properly though. Apple are c#nts and I swear make iTunes run crap on Windows purposely. Would you be willing to run OSX86? :lipsrsealed:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Other option is to go second hand, OR just use Windows?

Offline fecked_tt

• Not said much yet
  • 4wdftfw
external hdd will work fine - you will have to reformat it probably. mac uses some ghey format and not NTFS so in order to share between PC and mac you'll have to use xFAT (format on PC WIN7)

been through all this with my macbook pro :)
a4 2.8 30v v6 quattro gets me vag

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
operator error  :undecided:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
operator error  :undecided:

No mate  :wink:

Happy to buy used from fleabag but not happy to ever plug any I / apple anything into my lovely PC ever again  :grin:

I agree with about the post that apple seem to have "go slow" software for windows users  :wink:

Offline damien010685

• I live here
There is a program you can download called tuxera means you can use any drive on mac no problems

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
There is a program you can download called tuxera means you can use any drive on mac no problems

Cool, so we know that I can use an external drive, what's the scor on fleabag?

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
External drive will work fine, but why?  :huh: iCloud sync's all your music doesn't it, without a PC/Mac? iTunes is ghey and out of date anyways and should be sent to /dev/null.

http://www.osx86project.org/ for cheap iTunesness if you must have OSX.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hfs-windows/ if you don't format the external drive properly and cba to copy sh!t over and reformat etc or use the NTFS-3G driver to access NTFS drives on a Mac.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
I don't like like clouds, I like to back up my back ups at home base  :wink: