Author Topic: Side repeater law??  (Read 2400 times)

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
Re: Side repeater law??
« Reply #10 on: 08 November 2011, 06:51 »
Ive flushed mine off and all i did is hide away the wiring harness/bulb holder under the scuttle panel and will just stick an LED on my wing mirror for the mot.
But my brother is an mot tester so this helps :evil:

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 08 November 2011, 07:33 »
Ive flushed mine off and all i did is hide away the wiring harness/bulb holder under the scuttle panel and will just stick an LED on my wing mirror for the mot.

That's always food for thought! They gotta go either way :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #12 on: 08 November 2011, 10:53 »

Taken from:  http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_140.htm

Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1986 must be fitted with one side repeater indicator on each side.   Instead of a separate lamp, the side repeater might be part of the front direction indicator if it includes a wraparound lens.

Lamps incorporating a side repeater are marked either with an ‘E’ mark in a circle or an ‘e’ mark in a rectangle above which is a number 5.   

However, some vehicles are fitted with a wraparound lens with no European approval markings. These can be tested by standing approximately 1000mm to the side of the vehicle’s rear bumper with the indicator on. If amber light can be seen coming through the front lens (not a reflection) this is acceptable.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #13 on: 08 November 2011, 20:23 »
My mk2 is an 89 and went through mot wiv no side repeaters. But it depends wer u go i suppose

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 08 November 2011, 21:00 »
My mk2 is an 89 and went through mot wiv no side repeaters. But it depends wer u go i suppose

Were yours flushed or have you never had them? I guess its more likely that a MK2 will go through MOT without then a MK3 lol :)
I'll have to ask my MOT guy what he says when I take my sisters car in tomorrow!

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #15 on: 08 November 2011, 21:12 »

Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1986 must be fitted with one side repeater indicator on each side.   Instead of a separate lamp, the side repeater might be part of the front direction indicator if it includes a wraparound lens.

Lamps incorporating a side repeater are marked either with an ‘E’ mark in a circle or an ‘e’ mark in a rectangle above which is a number 5.   

However, some vehicles are fitted with a wraparound lens with no European approval markings. These can be tested by standing approximately 1000mm to the side of the vehicle’s rear bumper with the indicator on. If amber light can be seen coming through the front lens (not a reflection) this is acceptable.

so should get away with them in bumper if ya can see them from 1000mm from the side

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 08 November 2011, 21:57 »

so should get away with them in bumper if ya can see them from 1000mm from the side

Sounds like it dude! I am still contemplating doing this myself, just to make sure everything is kept legal :)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 08 November 2011, 22:06 »
Going to look at hiding some indicators somehow in the door glass or gap between the wing and door or something on mine.

Bumper indicators were hidden in the headlights.  :smiley:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #18 on: 08 November 2011, 22:42 »
i flushed mine on my old wing

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #19 on: 09 November 2011, 11:55 »
Im sure DH will be along any minute..............

Why?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.