Author Topic: MK1 cab problems - help please!  (Read 827 times)

Offline Alps

• GTI forum regular
MK1 cab problems - help please!
« on: 15 October 2004, 13:27 »
Guys\gals,

have the following probs still to sort out, gonna give the squeeky shock a wd40 squirt from the top mount over the weekend, but anyone got any remedies for the below?

- sticky accelerator - seems to move freely at throttle end but pedal seems sticky.
- whirring outside fuel pump - replacement? I know the fuel relay circuit burnt out melting the connector points on the fuse box, im going to replace the fuse box(seems easy i think), but should i replace the pump first? If so is it an easy job i can do with just a trolley jack?
- heated seats not heating, - gonna get the tester out, but any ideas, relays etc?

thats all i can think of for now, its a 1991 Rivage, alot of niggly little probs like mentioned, but engine is sweet, hood is mint, bodywork has had some work in the past, not the best but will do until i can get it sorted, and bits of rust mainly the back below the bumper! gonna try and waxoyl the whole thing!

any ideas would be helpfull! cheers

Alps

Mk1 Rivage - 1992 Green
E55 AMG 2004
C36 AMG 1997- SOLD
MK4 1.6 SE - 1998
MK1 Rivage - 1991 Blue SOLD

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: MK1 cab problems - help please!
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2004, 13:40 »
Can't help with a lot of it but I had a problem recently on my 91 Rivage where the circuit melted my fuel relay switch near the connectors, AA said I needed to drop the fuse box slightly so that the connection would sit more flush, damn site easier than replacing the fuse box. I'd say look at this first as fuel pump will be more expensive than a relay switch/dropping the fuse box.

Heated seat, check the fuse, check the switch on the dash and check the connectors that I think are under the seats to see if they are ok.

Sticky accelerator, check the play in it above the footwell, could be the mechanism itself that's sticking.  :-\

That's all I can suggest or help with I'm afraid. Good luck.? :)
« Last Edit: 15 October 2004, 13:42 by gibby »
......now officially dubless.