Author Topic: Seats and subframes.  (Read 1942 times)

Offline so1o

• Here all the time
Seats and subframes.
« on: 18 June 2004, 01:53 »
Ok better luck this time, i think i didnt get any replys before because it was in the wrong forum.

Am i right in assuming any front seats will into a mk 2 golf as long as they are not to big to tilt/slide etc. I have a set of calibra turbo seats sitting the car at the mo, just pondering with the idea of using them instead of selling them.

What do you reckon? Worth a try?
Rear ones might be a different story altogeather.

Solo

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re:Seats and subframes.
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2004, 13:04 »
it will be a lot of work mate. unless you are pretty handy, particularly at welding I wouldn't bother. the rear bench would be a nightmare! far better off selling them and getting some that really fit :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2004, 13:43 »
The front seats would most likely need subframe modification, and you have no guarantee that they'd actually fit - ie - sit you ate the right height for driving etc. The rear bench, I'd say you have zero chance without major butchering, sorry.

I'd ebay what you got and try to pick up something that was originally designed for the car. The half leather rallye stuff is very nice.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2004, 16:43 »
ul get a mint 4 that interior on ebay or migweb!

sell it n buy sum buckets! strip her out and add a nice cage! :D love the slags!
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline so1o

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 02 July 2004, 05:39 »
Already sold lol, just waiting on a pm for buckets that i want.

Solo