Author Topic: don_231 - diesel project  (Read 4162 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
don_231 - diesel project
« on: 05 December 2008, 14:57 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline don_231

• GTI forum regular
Re: don_231 - diesel project
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2008, 18:26 »
hey, after having my corsa robbed and burnt out at the start of summer i stumbled across a bargain mk3. 1.9-8 diesel in montana green.

although it came completely stock and crappy i knew id have it looking reasonably tidy without spending a mint on it! (after all its non turbo and all...)

anyway pics of when i bought it. (new pads fitted and painted the drums/capilers with the only paint i had to hand) bar a few little problems it ran much better than my old corsa

after a while a picked up a set of 14" bbs' and badgeless grill and whacked them on (didnt bother coding the grill as couldnt find paint for it till recently without having it mixed to order :angry: ) also blacked out the bumper indicators and treated the car to a much needed back to blacking.

after that not much happened untill i replaced the front shockers with a set of a passat estate (were free whos complaining) as the old ones were completely fecked. this got the golf back on the road but also gave me a 4" lift on the front end. lol

after fitted the new offroad shocks i then totalled the car on a wet roundabout not 2 days later!. completelty gutted and bascially everything on the front was fecked.
both front bbs'
grill
bumper
a few more dents in n/s wing
both shockers and wishbones twisted like pringles
radiator
front engine mounts bent
split exhaust

forgot to take pics of this and wish i had as was in a right sorry state, luckly had another mk3 given to me so got everything bar the raditaor for free!

after spending a complete weekend in the garage it was bad on the road and sounding awesome

pics and update to come when camera wants to work