Author Topic: Auto-Hold Sticking  (Read 585 times)

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
Auto-Hold Sticking
« on: 11 May 2022, 13:44 »
Does anyone else's Auto Hold fail to disengage correctly? Very occasionally, when trying to pull away from a junction I believe auto-hold is failing to disengage the rear brakes. The light goes out and the DSG engages first but the brakes feel firmly on as the car will only crawl under huge resistance; stopping with the brake pedal to reengage auto-hold then pulling away again has (so far) always rectified the issue. I'm somewhat concerned that one day this is going to cause a less than attentive driver to crash in to the back of me!

Has anyone experienced this issue and had it rectified by VW? I will have it noted when the car is serviced next month but as it's not easily reproduced I'm not confident the technicians will actually do anything about it.

I've driven tens of thousands of miles in various marques with auto-hold (including other Golf's/VAG cars) and never had any issues until this mk8.

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
Re: Auto-Hold Sticking
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2022, 16:46 »
Yes, I've had exactly the same.  No rhyme or reason just happens intermittently.  It's not been frequent - maybe once or twice a week so I've lived with it but I'll definitely ask them to look at it when the service is due.
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE