Author Topic: MY23…..  (Read 11163 times)

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
Re: MY23…..
« Reply #30 on: 06 May 2022, 02:06 »
I certainly look at NCAP ratings before buying.  But bought the Mini anyway!

Since witnessing a distressing side impact from a driver running a red light, side and curtain airbags are an absolute must for me.  I've had a number of near misses with red light runners.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 24 May 2022, 11:18 »
New stitching and GTI logo’s in the seats  :cool:

Does anyone know when these changes will actually make it into production? My car now has a build week of 26 but not sure if it will be MY22 or 23.
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 24 May 2022, 12:34 »
New stitching and GTI logo’s in the seats  :cool:

Does anyone know when these changes will actually make it into production? My car now has a build week of 26 but not sure if it will be MY22 or 23.

Historically, MY changes are incorporated into vehicle production from build week 22, so if this is still the case then you should get the changes. If your build week gets moved back, then that increases the likelihood of you getting these (minor cosmetic) changes.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 24 May 2022, 12:47 »
This might be the most visible MY23 change. It’s the Golf R “20th anni” edition. Note all the gloss black trim in the centre console.

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 24 May 2022, 13:07 »
I was just about to come and add to this post but you beat me to it! Interesting that the R ‘20’ (wonder how many kept those style of number plates from when the mk6 came out…) also has real carbon fibre on the dash and doors. I don’t think that the regular GTI will ever get this but shows a greater level of attention being paid to the Golf 8 interior. The gloss is a nice touch (all GTIs will get this) and will be familiar to 7/7.5 owners. Microfibre cloth sales about to skyrocket

Here’s another image. I wonder if the phone flap in the centre console is now gloss black too? Hard to tell

The Golf R ‘20th Anniversary 2002 - 2022’. Delivered to you by 2024!

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 24 May 2022, 13:14 »
This might be the most visible MY23 change. It’s the Golf R “20th anni” edition. Note all the gloss black trim in the centre console.

Personally I’m not a fan of glossy piano black trim in areas that are likely to subjected to a fair degree of hand contact, such as a centre console. IMHO you’d be likely to be fighting a losing battle keeping it free of finger marks, not to mention it’ll be a magnet for dust, swirls and scratches.

I was just about to come and add to this post but you beat me to it! Interesting that the R ‘20’ also has real carbon fibre on the dash and doors. I don’t think that the regular GTI will ever get this but shows a greater level of attention being paid to the Golf 8 interior. The gloss is a nice touch (all GTIs will get this) and will be familiar to 7/7.5 owners. Microfibre cloth sales about to skyrocket

I do really like the real carbon fibre trim across the dash. I’ve there’s another picture doing the rounds that shows the insert strip in the door cards is also carbon fibre  :cool:

I even quite like the blue alloys on the white car;

« Last Edit: 24 May 2022, 13:42 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 24 May 2022, 13:26 »

Blue wheels anyone?

Also more power for the R!

£50k..
« Last Edit: 24 May 2022, 13:28 by WelshGolf »
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline Alienatrix

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 24 May 2022, 13:29 »

Personally I’m not a fan of glossy piano black trim in areas that are likely to subjected to a fair degree of hand contact, such as a centre console. IMHO you’d be likely to be fighting a losing battle keeping it free of finger marks, not to mention it’ll be a magnet for dust, swirls and scratches.

100% agree with this.

Previous cars all had glossy black or piano black centre consoles and I absolutely hated it. Scratches, swirls and dust magnet indeed.

It looks good for about 2 seconds after cleaning but that's about it.

I received my GTD after 13 months of ordering.

Awful to think that someone placing an order right now will probably not get it until the end of next year, or worse.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 24 May 2022, 16:11 »
I can see why VW fitted the glossy black console trim, my first impression of the mk8 interior was that the general cabin aesthetics were good but the door handles and console looked a bit cheap, and probably every focus group has said the same thing. Glossy black is a “cheap fix”. But a mistake in my eyes as well as most others here it seems.
As someone who likes to keep their car clean I really appreciate how easy the matt plastic is to look after and resist light wear.
I’m sure there are other inexpensive materials available to VW instead of those few extra pfennigs the gloss black must’ve cost over the matt.

In other news, the ‘R 20 Years’ is interesting.
Will probably make the GTI 45 look a bargain though!  :whistle:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 24 May 2022, 19:33 »
I can see why VW fitted the glossy black console trim, my first impression of the mk8 interior was that the general cabin aesthetics were good but the door handles and console looked a bit cheap, and probably every focus group has said the same thing. Glossy black is a “cheap fix”. But a mistake in my eyes as well as most others here it seems.
As someone who likes to keep their car clean I really appreciate how easy the matt plastic is to look after and resist light wear.
I’m sure there are other inexpensive materials available to VW instead of those few extra pfennigs the gloss black must’ve cost over the matt.

[/quote

Agree with all of that… although the R 20 has just enough in the way of changes for it to be remembered as special for years to come, thus retaining its value. The CS45 spec is about to be wharfed by the MY23 changes to the standard CS (apart from wheels).

The gloss black will be trickier to keep clean but it’s been the ‘thing’ for years now in interior car design. The 7.5 had it for years and I don’t remember people complaining at the time.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2022, 19:35 by BanksyGTI »