Author Topic: MY23…..  (Read 10959 times)

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
Re: MY23…..
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2022, 20:32 »
Is the performance pack on the clubsport options, going to be the same as the current R performance pack? My car is ordered and due Jan next year! I’m concerned now it will be built with the standard rear GTI spoiler same as the R when you don’t order the performance pack. Be pretty pissed off if that is the case and if confirmed will pull my order as I have been told already I can’t change any specs!
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline RoryB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 04 May 2022, 20:48 »
Is the performance pack on the clubsport options, going to be the same as the current R performance pack? My car is ordered and due Jan next year! I’m concerned now it will be built with the standard rear GTI spoiler same as the R when you don’t order the performance pack. Be pretty pissed off if that is the case and if confirmed will pull my order as I have been told already I can’t change any specs!

Id say it's the same as the "Racing Package" option offered here in Ireland on MY22 Clubsports, or something similar

Racing Package for GTI Clubsport. 19”
Scottsdale alloy wheels with 235/35 R19
tyres, Akrapovič Titanium exhaust system and
top speed delimited to 270km/h.
Gone: Mk 5 GT Sport 140
Sticking around: Mk 7 GTD
Current: Mk 8 GTI Clubsport

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 04 May 2022, 20:55 »
Would have loved the Akrapovic exhaust!
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 05 May 2022, 02:22 »
I know it's not GTI related, but deletion of the curtain airbags as std on lower spec models and making them a paid option is appalling.  Chip shortage or not, there is no excuse for that.  None.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 05 May 2022, 05:55 »
I know it's not GTI related, but deletion of the curtain airbags as std on lower spec models and making them a paid option is appalling.  Chip shortage or not, there is no excuse for that.  None.

I think the curtain airbag is still standard on Life and Style models - it’s listed as part of new standard spec under 6C2 in the items posted by @AndyGTI; Front Side Airbag, Curtain Airbag and Centre Airbag in the front of the car’s cabin. The Rear Side Airbag has been dropped from standard spec though and is now an extra cost option. I agree that removing an item of standard safety equipment and making it a paid for option is very poor. If VW were looking to cut costs, there must be items of non safety-related equipment they could have deleted to achieve the necessary cost savings.

I wonder if deleting an item of safety equipment will adversely affect the Golfs NCAP safety rating? When Renault removed a head and thorax airbag from the Zoe EV, that action - along with the Zoe not having AEB - resulted in a zero star NCAP safety rating.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 05 May 2022, 07:55 »
Yes, sorry, I was unclear.  I meant the rear curtain airbag (as per Zoe etc).
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #26 on: 05 May 2022, 08:22 »
Does anyone buy a car by looking at ncap ratings? Or even understand what they mean?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 05 May 2022, 09:50 »
Does anyone buy a car by looking at ncap ratings? Or even understand what they mean?

NCAP rating is highly unlikely to be the sole consideration for anyone buying a car. However, I’d say it’ll be one of the factors that safety conscious car buyers are very likely to take into consider and may influence their purchase decision, especially if a car they’re considering will regularly be used to carry a young family in.

Given the choice of two similar cars (spec, performance, build quality, equipment levels, price point) - one with an excellent or very good NCAP rating and the other rated as zero by NCAP - I know which one would get my vote.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #28 on: 05 May 2022, 11:19 »
Oh I agree, but unlike when NCAP first came out, its not something OEM's push to the front, because much like crash helmets, everything pretty much is top rated - so you don't really look...

I've got proactive passenger protection on my GTI.... I didn't spec it because my car was from stock... not even sure wtf it does tbh.

I don't think the GTI/Clubby/R has side curtain airbags though without optioning it.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 05 May 2022, 11:44 »
Agree with Fred.
I remember Volvo were huge on this back on the '80's and '90's, safety equipment and crash test ratings were a huge differentiator for them. You'd even see stickers like "Airbag" and "SIP Protection" on the boot lids of the cars back then! Ford too made a huge deal of passenger side airbags being standard.

These days you pretty much expect any modern car to have more airbags than a bouncy castle and a very good crash rating, so I'm not sure there's much of a differentiator anymore in this regard from one car to another in a buyers mind.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.