Author Topic: Greatful GTI owner  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Gt11DOD

• Not said much yet
Greatful GTI owner
« on: 20 April 2022, 09:58 »
Hello all

After owning several GTI’s I finally found this handy place to have a good read and learn about the car I’ve loved since 1979 in all its different guise’s.

I’ve owned all MK’s up to 6 my favourite being my MK5 which is still being driven with 236,000 miles on it.

Anyway I won’t burble on I’m selling the 6 to take the leap to 7.5 and was interested in your thoughts on this move…?

Cheers.

Offline AHAgolf

• Not said much yet
Re: Greatful GTI owner
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2022, 09:00 »
I have a 7 and love it. I was looking for a 7.5 but there was a big price hike from the 7 and I couldn’t justify it as mostly the same. Digital clocks I’m not fussed about but I have fitted the MIB 2.5 infotainment from a 7.5 into mine as it’s a big step forward. I’m sure you’ll love it!

Offline Gt11DOD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2022, 20:11 »
Hi

Prices are crazy at the moment and it doesn’t look like they are coming down anytime soon tbh.

Glad you’re enjoying the 7 I might take leaf out of your book and get the same I’m not desperate for digi dash.

I work at a Volvo dealership and we had a customer come in with a TCR for PX I ran into the bosses office and said can I
Buy it he said yes spent the whole night grinning next day the customer pulled out of the deal I wasn’t happy!

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2022, 09:06 »
Welcome Gt11DOD. Been on this forum for quite a while and round it useful and friendly. TCR must have been a disappointment. I bought a 7.5 pp before the massive price increases. A big step up from the mk6 which we still have but only on 95k miles - except for the seats which in my case took a while to adjust to my liking. Tried an early mk7 a few years ago and did not feel the same big difference but this was not the performance one. Think it is worth to keep looking at both the mk7 and 7.5 and test driving both if you get the  chance. Good luck.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Gt11DOD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2022, 20:32 »
Hey there

Thanks for the welcome I will indeed test both 7 and 7.5 I’ve already decided against leather this time
Much prefer the cloth.

There seems to be hardly any three door cars for sale which is making the search difficult 😣

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2022, 09:15 »
The 7.5 is just a different beast, I never particularly liked the mk7 golf's until the facelift...and well now I've owned 3 think that says it all.

If you're not going for leather you should consider the art velours interior, it's a very striking interior especially if you opted for a white car. I agree 3 doors are very hard to come by, with it being the last of the 3 doors might be a thing that helps it hold value later on?
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2022, 13:36 »
Welcome Gt11DOD  :smiley:

The 7.5 will feel a little less solid than a mk5 or Mk6 but makes up for it in many other ways. The dot matrix headlamps alone are a fantastic bit of kit.
Good luck finding a 3 door, I’m sure with some perseverance one will show up. There aren’t many around though.
I had a mk7 GTI PP 3 door about 8 years ago and I haven’t seen too many since.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gt11DOD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2022, 19:50 »
Hi there

Appreciate the assistance the MK6 isn’t selling had zero enquiries so MK7 is on hold for now so I hope the market comes to its senses some time soon  :smiley:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2022, 17:40 »
It truly surprises me your mk6 hasn’t been snapped up. It looks to be one of the very best examples with decent spec and mileage to boot.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gt11DOD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 27 April 2022, 01:18 »
You and me both I’ve been offered 10k for it but I’m not taking less than 11k it’s worth every penny.