Author Topic: Phone apps for servicing etc  (Read 864 times)

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
Phone apps for servicing etc
« on: 10 March 2022, 11:32 »
Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before, I did a quick serach and couldn't find anything conclusive.

Are there any relatively cheap phone apps which can do basic service functions such as reading/resetting specific VAG codes and most importantly retracting/resetting the electric parking brake so that the pads and discs can be replaced?

Also will I get away with a Carista Bluetooth OBD adaptor or will I need to use something like an ELM27?

I don't really feel like splashing out on VAGcom right now due to the expense.

Many Thanks
Simon
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
Re: Phone apps for servicing etc
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2022, 14:08 »
Excellent, that looks to be what I was looking for.

Simon.
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2022, 12:25 »
I bought an OBD 11 recently. I found the best price was buying it from the OBD 11 website, when it came to delivery, I put down "Amazon" delivery....it was delivered next day!

Bizarrely. If I had bought it from Amazon themselves? It was about an extra 20 quid!!?

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2022, 22:35 »
I bought an OBD 11 recently. I found the best price was buying it from the OBD 11 website, when it came to delivery, I put down "Amazon" delivery....it was delivered next day!

Bizarrely. If I had bought it from Amazon themselves? It was about an extra 20 quid!!?
Only problem with Amazon is you sometimes get a returned unit where they have set the password in the device

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2022, 08:46 »

Only problem with Amazon is you sometimes get a returned unit where they have set the password in the device

Hmmn ,

good point, though the one I got seems to work OK?!