Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2786840 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12540 on: 20 October 2022, 12:05 »
I don't use mine either. Although the whole car gets rarely washed, I do try and keep the interior and glass clean. That way once I'm in it I can kid myself that I have a clean car!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #12541 on: 20 October 2022, 14:17 »
I use the rear wiper all the time, the shape of hatchbacks tends to mean that dirt is attracted to the back quite quickly.
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12542 on: 20 October 2022, 18:34 »
Today I had an argument with VWFS as I've just booked my car in for it's second service of my ownership only to be told the service plan had run out.

Turns out they had on their system a service claim 3 weeks after I bought the car - obviously it came having just been serviced by the dealer so no idea how that's happened. Rang the dealer who confirmed they had no service event on their system for that date. Luckily VWFS have said they will remove that service and reinstate the plan.

Did feel slightly guilty ringing up as I only took the PCP for the services and cancelled it within the 14 days so calling up outraged about not getting my free service felt a bit cheeky!

Also got quoted £124 for a new glovebox lid. Ouch. Think I can live with the scratches for now.
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #12543 on: 20 October 2022, 21:37 »
Today it rained heavily in the Midlands. I had to use my rear wiper to be able to see when I reversed.

Surprised to hear that @Watts and @Exonian don’t use theirs. How do you see out the back when it rains- use the force?😂

November is annual car service month. The pug needs an oil change- that’ll cost me £20 and the golf will be booked in for it’s 4th year service- the second of 2 services on my service plan- for which I paid £400 2 years ago.

Anyone know if I can buy another service plan once this is done, and at what cost?
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12544 on: 20 October 2022, 22:22 »
Today it rained heavily in the Midlands. I had to use my rear wiper to be able to see when I reversed.

Surprised to hear that @Watts and @Exonian don’t use theirs. How do you see out the back when it rains- use the force?😂

November is annual car service month. The pug needs an oil change- that’ll cost me £20 and the golf will be booked in for it’s 4th year service- the second of 2 services on my service plan- for which I paid £400 2 years ago.

Anyone know if I can buy another service plan once this is done, and at what cost?

It rained heavily in Norfolk today too (we do need it though), and my rear wiper got plenty of use. I’m not worried if there’s a bit of dirt that runs down the tailgate onto the bumper ledge after I’ve used the rear wiper; it’ll wash off next time I clean the car 🙂.

As for service plans; looks like you can buy another (2 services), and for cars over 1 year old that’ve had their first service the cost is £20.69 x 24 monthly payments or a single payment of £496.45. Alternatively, there’s VW’s All In product that gives you 2 services, 2 years warranty, 2 years roadside assistance and 2 MOT’s for £29.99 x 24 monthly payments; total £719.76.

Link to details on VW’s website;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners-and-drivers/servicing/service-plans/buy-a-service-plan.html?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2rm-h9zv-gIVGr53Ch3XrQ15EAAYAyAAEgLsfvD_BwE
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12545 on: 20 October 2022, 22:51 »
I rarely find the need to use the rear wiper. It was heaving down here too today, could still see fine out the back. On reversing on to the drive, the rear camera and mirrors sorted that. I reckon I've used the rear wiper not much more than a couple of times over the years, not due to beligerence, I just didn't need it.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12546 on: 20 October 2022, 22:58 »

Side mirrors.
I’m used to manoeuvring vans and trucks into tight spaces so am quite adept at using the door mirrors.

Then there’s the parking sensors.

Easy peasy  :smiley:

my rear wiper got plenty of use. I’m not worried if there’s a bit of dirt that runs down the tailgate onto the bumper ledge after I’ve used the rear wiper; it’ll wash off next time I clean the car 🙂.

Ewwwww, no no no no no no noooo!
That’s just plain wrong  :grin:

Dirt has to be evenly spread and left undisturbed just like freshly laid snow.
Anything else messes with my car OCD and I develop a nervous twitch

https://gfycat.com/specificdopeyacornwoodpecker
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #12547 on: 20 October 2022, 23:27 »
@SRGTD thanks for the info & link- much appreciated- I may well just buy another 2 services

I had intended to revert to a good independent at this stage, but I’ve found a half decent main dealer- and I don’t think the well regarded local vw independent is actually any cheaper.

As for rear wiper use, in all honesty I don’t think i use mine very often- just a quick flick when visibility really is bad.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12548 on: 20 October 2022, 23:41 »
I will confess to using mine on motorway journeys in bad weather.
The rear wiper that is.

I got one of my Golfs back from a service many moons ago and they must’ve set the rear wiper to come on when reverse was selected.
Squaaaaawk!
Aaaaaaaarrrrgh!
I still have nightmares even now.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #12549 on: 21 October 2022, 14:57 »
My SP ends in November so I'll see if they have another Black Friday deal which is how I bought my current one.... if not then I'll go for the £20.69 one (I still have an my extended warranty plus I've only recently renewed my Roadside Assist for two years).
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.