Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2741184 times)

Offline Yusee

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12240 on: 09 May 2022, 23:48 »
I think if the customer had opportunity to draw up the contract it probably should be worded as you suggest, but in my view it’s fairly clear that the modification has to have caused the problem for the cover to be invalid.

And yes, it would be unreasonable and unenforceable otherwise.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12241 on: 10 May 2022, 08:04 »
Porsche dealers say that non NO marked tyres will invalidate their warranty. They won't give an inch.

I don't understand it. It's the dealer that makes the claim from the manufacturer. Telling tales about modifications is turning work away.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #12242 on: 10 May 2022, 08:40 »
If a car has passed the "all in"  pre inspection test, then I think they would struggle to turn down a claim?
I fitted a Yuasa AGM battery as the original Sebang item fitted was not up to the job, this was not questioned when my car passed the inspection.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12243 on: 10 May 2022, 10:10 »
If a car has passed the "all in"  pre inspection test, then I think they would struggle to turn down a claim?
I fitted a Yuasa AGM battery as the original Sebang item fitted was not up to the job, this was not questioned when my car passed the inspection.

My alloys - although not OEM - are the same spec as the VW OEM alloys for my car; same width, diameter, offset, centre bore size and even use the OEM radius seat bolts (most aftermarket alloys use bolts with a tapered seat). The All In exclusion refers to modifications from the original manufacturer’s specification but my alloys are as per the manufacturer’s spec.

I’ll be testing this out when my factory warranty runs out to see if my car passes the eligibility check - assuming VW are still offering the All In product in September next year.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #12244 on: 10 May 2022, 10:40 »
I will be testing it as well come next May when my warranty and service plan run out if still available.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12245 on: 10 May 2022, 12:20 »

My alloys - although not OEM -
I’ll be testing this out when my factory warranty runs out to see if my car passes the eligibility check - assuming VW are still offering the All In product in September next year.

Your car will pass the check 100%.

My car is on Borbets and passed the first time just a week ago, and I cant really see VW rejecting the engine claim because you fitted new wheels but that's just me, and my dealer always do whatever I asked them for just to get more money from VW it seems  :laugh: regarding warranty issues and concerns.

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #12246 on: 10 May 2022, 21:25 »
Warranty claims...thats a nice topic!!

Dealers might baulk at first & you might get the run around between the dealer & the UK importer....

However, its down to "causation"...they have to prove that when you fitted your aftermarket part it caused their factory part to fail. The infotainment systems cannot fail just because you fitted an aftermarket spoiler or alloys. Aftermarket speakers could cause the infotainment systems to fail, & OEM bearings might fail due to aftermarket alloys..

There is the "problem" of retro-fitting OEM parts built for the car, but not fitted to UK cars. In a legal sense, if its fitted as per their workbooks, & the parts are designed for the car, they have no leg to stand on. There is no difference between fitting an OEM skid tray to a UK or a German spec'd car. They are out of the same factory, & the engine design, cooling etc takes everything & all combinations into account.. So long as the PR codes are followed..ie if part "A" is fitted then its wise to also fit the other parts for the PR code...but thats down to fitting it to factory spec/car design spec...

A Judge would chuck out a case where they totally ignore "causation"...
« Last Edit: 10 May 2022, 21:58 by golfdave »

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #12247 on: 12 May 2022, 13:19 »
Warranty claim - just had the underbonnet insulation replaced yet again! Need to find a way to reduce the shrinkage if possible. Extra fixing points mght work? Suggestions much appreciated.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12248 on: 14 May 2022, 13:32 »
Mud flaps fitted to help with the slightly wider wheels and lower offset.

And VW 65mm stickers to replace the Bola ones on the centre caps.

mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #12249 on: 14 May 2022, 20:05 »
Did this .......  :grin: