Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2786682 times)

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10060 on: 04 March 2020, 13:11 »
Not sure this warrants a new thread but has anyone considered the rear strut brace from Racingline? It's a stunning looking bit of kit and I wouldn't want anything that makes the ride overly harsh.

I've considered this a few times and will probably be my next big purchase. I don't think it'll add much NVH to the ride;I would mostly be buying it for looks.  :smiley:

Agreed, it shouldn't really introduce any NVH or really harshness to the existing ride.

It's certainly on my list lol

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10061 on: 04 March 2020, 17:54 »
So long as it’s mounted correctly and not rubbing on anything a rear strut brace should improve NVH and certainly help reduce cabin rattles.
After driving the M135i I could feel how much better the chassis was braced than my Clubsport when I jumped back in it.

As for the MPG’s on the previous page, how do you guys and ladies get such good fuel consumption. I drive like a granny much of the time and never see 40 as an average, and that’s living in the sticks driving at low traffic density times.

Oh, and never mind back to front Parkers, it’s the base model Golf that whizzes into view in the AID display that irks me. I’ve nowt against base model Golfs aside from the fact the 7.5 looks a bit ugly unless it’s an R-Line. The normal mk7 Golfs (pre facelift) looked nicer to me. But that’s not the point! I’m sure it wouldn’t have taken more than a few minutes to add a rendering of a GTI on the AID being as there are huge GTI logos on the headunit display when it boots up.

Moan over, carry on...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #10062 on: 04 March 2020, 22:45 »
If there's a fair few interested it might be worth setting up a new thread to get a group buy sorted?

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10063 on: 05 March 2020, 11:39 »
As for the MPG’s on the previous page, how do you guys and ladies get such good fuel consumption. I drive like a granny much of the time and never see 40 as an average, and that’s living in the sticks driving at low traffic density times.

Totally agree. I try and drive very economically sometimes and still struggle to hit high 30's  :rolleyes:

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10064 on: 05 March 2020, 11:40 »
If there's a fair few interested it might be worth setting up a new thread to get a group buy sorted?

Sounds like a plan to me  :wink:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10065 on: 07 March 2020, 09:46 »
Yesterday, drove up from my lair in the south to family in Stockton. A good 5 hour run. Very comfortable, decent economy, perhaps a bit too easy to drive but very relaxing. Perhaps at some point I should really give in and figure out how the cruise control works...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #10066 on: 07 March 2020, 13:10 »
Yesterday, drove up from my lair in the south to family in Stockton. A good 5 hour run. Very comfortable, decent economy, perhaps a bit too easy to drive but very relaxing. Perhaps at some point I should really give in and figure out how the cruise control works...

Are you planning to cross the A1 and take the TCR for a spin around the A66 and A68 and connecting roads to stretch her legs? There’s some great roads in that area Watts!
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10067 on: 07 March 2020, 21:30 »
We are staying just off the A66! Had a bit of a go along there to the roundabout with the brick steam train and back. Gave the TCR a good go a few times, very impressive :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #10068 on: 07 March 2020, 22:21 »
That’s quite an impressive sculpture! Enjoy the drive back down south.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10069 on: 07 March 2020, 22:45 »
That’s quite an impressive sculpture! Enjoy the drive back down south.

Cheers Paul. Whereabouts are you based?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.