Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2786750 times)

Offline evo GT

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5170 on: 25 August 2016, 20:32 »
There's a video of the changes in the original post.....I suppose you could click pause to get a picture  :drool:

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5171 on: 27 August 2016, 20:49 »
Washed today ready for it's 1st service on Thursday :nerd: :smiley:

Only took the after pics today...

Hopefully will get chance to clean, or at least vacuum the inside tomorrow depending on SWMBO's plans (and of course the F1 is on as well) :laugh:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5172 on: 27 August 2016, 23:01 »

Fabulous!!!  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hope it survives 1st service unscathed.

Got my service message up yesterday.  Due in a month. Will delay my full detail till after that just in case anything untoward happens to it. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
« Reply #5173 on: 29 August 2016, 11:08 »
My first VCDS mods, Silence the Soundaktor, 5 indicator flashes instead of 3 and switch off Stop/Start.
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #5174 on: 29 August 2016, 11:40 »
Check coolant level warning light came on Saturday morning. Went straight to the dealers who topped it up as it was well below minimum. Also did a pressure test, hoovered and washed it.

Didn't want it washed and never bothered to mention it too them as i thought they were just going to top up the coolant but thankfully the paintwork looks ok.
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #5175 on: 29 August 2016, 16:50 »
Taken it out for a Bank Holiday drive, most enjoyable with the sun shining  :cool: :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5176 on: 30 August 2016, 10:18 »
Had an email from Arnold Clark VW Wishaw regarding my upcoming service on Thursday. Says the following:

•   Vehicle: Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TDI GTD 5Dr
•   Work to be undertaken:
o   Carry out warranty recall as per campaign
o   24cp software up-date
o   9101 software up-date

Not sure about the warranty recall - does this mean dieselgate? and if so I didn't think the GTD engine was affected. Maybe they just put it on the list as standard. Can't check the VW recalls on the website at the moment as the recall section of the site is not working.
Not sure what the software updates are either but hopefully will fix the head unit freezing every so often.

I guess I'll find out when I get there on Thursday!  :huh:

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5177 on: 30 August 2016, 14:37 »
One of them is definitely for the radio. Fixes numerous bugs including the "blank screen" on startup.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5178 on: 30 August 2016, 14:53 »
One of them is definitely for the radio. Fixes numerous bugs including the "blank screen" on startup.

Good to know. Looking forward to having that one fixed. Hopefully fix the one where it plays music from the SD card but no sound comes out as I had that one yesterday :smiley:

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #5179 on: 30 August 2016, 15:04 »
Had an email from Arnold Clark VW Wishaw regarding my upcoming service on Thursday. Says the following:

•   Vehicle: Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TDI GTD 5Dr
•   Work to be undertaken:
o   Carry out warranty recall as per campaign
o   24cp software up-date
o   9101 software up-date

Not sure about the warranty recall - does this mean dieselgate? and if so I didn't think the GTD engine was affected. Maybe they just put it on the list as standard. Can't check the VW recalls on the website at the moment as the recall section of the site is not working.
Not sure what the software updates are either but hopefully will fix the head unit freezing every so often.

I guess I'll find out when I get there on Thursday!  :huh:

Keep us posted on the warranty and software updates, our car (GTI) was in last week for an inspection service and i wasn't made aware of anything other than an oil change and cabin filter.  Although most of these updates are likely to happen without much fuss would be good to know either way.