Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2786770 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3020 on: 29 September 2015, 17:35 »
I've been assured that as it's only done 300 miles it will be okay. I have however, asked for it to be noted on my service history so that should any suspension fault occur on that corner in the future then I won't be paying for it.
Can't believe this still happens.

Mine had done less than that and they were buggered. A weeks driving, or about 200 miles at the time. If it doesn't feel right after their removal then get it back in. You might have to go to another dealership to get a warranty claim rather than the dealership paying for it out of their own pocket because they didn't remove them at PDI.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3021 on: 29 September 2015, 17:49 »
My R is staying at Pulman Sunderland overnight. I was there about 2 hours in case they were going to scan and perform some quick fix. When it was clear they'd be working on it most of the day, I got a lift to the Shields ferry in their GTD Estate.

Their master tech seems more willing to fix than anyone at the Durham branch, and got stuck into mine as soon as it arrived - he apparently came 4th in the country in some assessment of master techs. Early indications are that their the EMU is buggered or there are some serious wiring issues - it will be connected to Das Vaterland for remote deep analysis in Germany tomorrow. I think they found more wrong than the lights on the dash have indicated to me. My stop-start was not working on the way there today, but I didn't get any MFD indication that it wasn't being allowed to work (the "A" with a slash through it was not showing).
« Last Edit: 29 September 2015, 17:51 by monkeyhanger »

Offline MXResonance

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3022 on: 29 September 2015, 18:42 »
What have I done today? Taken my 1 week old GTI to have the transport pucks removed from the front left suspension unit. Feckin' idiots!!!

For God's sake!  Are dealerships STILL missing this!!!  :angry:

First thing on my list to check when I collect my R tommorow.

Here is a good link showing you how to check the pucks on GTI/R

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6978296-Quick-Guide-to-Remove-Strut-Pucks

Photos for quick browsing -

Golf Mk7 GTI - DSG, Performance Pack, 5 Door, Pure White, 18" Austin, Discover Navigation, Keyless Entry, Factory Window Tints, Winter Pack - Collected 30/09/2015

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3023 on: 29 September 2015, 19:57 »
My R is staying at Pulman Sunderland overnight. I was there about 2 hours in case they were going to scan and perform some quick fix. When it was clear they'd be working on it most of the day, I got a lift to the Shields ferry in their GTD Estate.

Their master tech seems more willing to fix than anyone at the Durham branch, and got stuck into mine as soon as it arrived - he apparently came 4th in the country in some assessment of master techs. Early indications are that their the EMU is buggered or there are some serious wiring issues - it will be connected to Das Vaterland for remote deep analysis in Germany tomorrow. I think they found more wrong than the lights on the dash have indicated to me. My stop-start was not working on the way there today, but I didn't get any MFD indication that it wasn't being allowed to work (the "A" with a slash through it was not showing).

Matt is the master tech at Sunderland a guy called Barclay? Very tall big fella.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3024 on: 29 September 2015, 20:11 »
What have I done today? Taken my 1 week old GTI to have the transport pucks removed from the front left suspension unit. Feckin' idiots!!!

For God's sake!  Are dealerships STILL missing this!!!  :angry:

First thing on my list to check when I collect my R tommorow.

Here is a good link showing you how to check the pucks on GTI/R

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6978296-Quick-Guide-to-Remove-Strut-Pucks

Photos for quick browsing -

Cheers MX.  Very useful.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3025 on: 29 September 2015, 21:47 »

Matt is the master tech at Sunderland a guy called Barclay? Very tall big fella.

Aye, that's him - hard to forget a name like that.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3026 on: 30 September 2015, 06:55 »
He's always been excellent when I've been to Sunderland.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3027 on: 30 September 2015, 11:34 »
Das Vaterland has spoken, my R needs a new turbo.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #3028 on: 30 September 2015, 11:54 »

Tell them you want cash and put it towards a TTE450, be rude not to  :whistle:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3029 on: 30 September 2015, 15:51 »
Have you broken it already ?  :grin: I hope you'll be informing Durham service that they've missed a rather important failure.