Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2786885 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2520 on: 13 July 2015, 12:55 »
After  Shell V-Power then Esso (sluggish but ok on the mpg for cruising), then Shell V-power again, I thought i'd give Tesco momentum 99 a go as there's big Tesco right by work.

MH, I've tried all the fuels and I find Tesco 99 to be the best for power, just seems to provide the most speed.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #2521 on: 13 July 2015, 15:53 »
bought a new induction kit, the VWR600, now that its down from £358 to £297 http://www.awesomegti.com/volkswagen-racing-r600-intake-system-vw-golf-mk7-r#

Why I hear you say? Just cos it looks neater than my current pipercross kit, ok it'll be quieter too and I may not like that but hopefully i'll get used to it.

I'll be selling my slightly bruised Pipercross for a ton if anyone fancies it when the vwr arrives

PM'd re: the Pipercross.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2522 on: 13 July 2015, 18:36 »
After  Shell V-Power then Esso (sluggish but ok on the mpg for cruising), then Shell V-power again, I thought i'd give Tesco momentum 99 a go as there's big Tesco right by work.

MH, I've tried all the fuels and I find Tesco 99 to be the best for power, just seems to provide the most speed.

Yes, i'm on my 3rd tank of it - most response, most power, most mpg - marginally better than Shell. The car was possessed today after the weekly fill up with Tesco's finest, I didn't spare the horses, ambient temp was 17C, yet the car did 37mpg for my 20 mile commute. It usually does 33mpg if the temp is very high.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2523 on: 13 July 2015, 18:47 »
Do tesco do a diesel equivalent to the petrol 99?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2524 on: 13 July 2015, 18:55 »
Do tesco do a diesel equivalent to the petrol 99?

Chris: Not that I saw at the Durham Tesco extra that's 1/2 a mile from the new place of work. 3 pumps only - the diesel, regular unleaded and momentum 99. Since last week, the diesel had dropped 3p/L, RON95 had dropped 2p, and the momentum was the same price, but still about 6p/L cheaper than Shell V-power. Nitro+, mach 3 Turbo.

Get some Millers in yours.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2525 on: 13 July 2015, 20:44 »
I already do with normal shell out normal esso.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #2526 on: 14 July 2015, 18:19 »
Fitted my Milltek resonated cat back today (on axle stands). Perfect noise and it looks he dogs danglies!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2527 on: 14 July 2015, 19:29 »
Finally got around to getting my driver's side sunvisor fixed. Every time I closed the door and went over bumps I was getting a noise from above my head and I initially thought it was my sunroof because it had a kind of metallic sound to it.

Turns out it was my sunvisor bashing against the roof (only happened when the visor was up). Lol, took us forever to figure out what was causing the noise but needed to get a new visor fitted (under warranty) and noise has gone away.

Me is happy again now  :smiley:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2528 on: 16 July 2015, 12:58 »
I have done nothing to my R apart from fixing a puncture and re-hanging the doors. Not washed it since new (nearly 5 months), not driven it (1 month as in my 2nd home in Greece). Coming back to London tonight. Back in Greece Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec. Back in London for X-mas and New Year. Then away March '16 onwards until June/July. Wonder why I have a car at all.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2529 on: 16 July 2015, 13:04 »
I have done nothing to my R apart from fixing a puncture and re-hanging the doors. Not washed it since new (nearly 5 months), not driven it (1 month as in my 2nd home in Greece). Coming back to London tonight. Back in Greece Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec. Back in London for X-mas and New Year. Then away March '16 onwards until June/July. Wonder why I have a car at all.

Get rid of it!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11