Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787043 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2020 on: 11 April 2015, 22:55 »
My tree is in my front garden in a new build estate so i have no conservation areas to worry about  :grin:

Chainsaw at the ready  :wink:

Think of the poor homeless birdies  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2021 on: 11 April 2015, 23:03 »
My tree is in my front garden in a new build estate so i have no conservation areas to worry about  :grin:

Depends, is it a new tree? My last house was a new build, with the new street built on the site of an old school. Old and established trees on the street were left alone if they weren't interfering with the new houses themselves (within 5m of the foundations). Those same trees were subject to conservation orders.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2022 on: 11 April 2015, 23:25 »
Depends, is it a new tree? My last house was a new build, with the new street built on the site of an old school. Old and established trees on the street were left alone if they weren't interfering with the new houses themselves (within 5m of the foundations). Those same trees were subject to conservation orders.

If it is an existing tree, he can just phone the local council and ask if it's subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO).  And if not, then he can get the chainsaw out  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2023 on: 12 April 2015, 07:35 »
No he can't. The only way you can chop a tree down is if it is diseased or dead. You can't just get a saw out and chop it down because it's a nuisance to you even if it is in your own garden (diehammer). If it's a healthy tree then you've got no chance no matter where it is (well apart from if it is damaging house foundations).
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2024 on: 12 April 2015, 08:26 »
No he can't. The only way you can chop a tree down is if it is diseased or dead. You can't just get a saw out and chop it down because it's a nuisance to you even if it is in your own garden (diehammer). If it's a healthy tree then you've got no chance no matter where it is (well apart from if it is damaging house foundations).

He may not be able to remove it or may need permission to do so  if there are conditions on the original development planning permission.  If in doubt contact the local council.  Otherwise what you are saying only applies to protected trees.  If it's not protected in any way, no TPO, not in Conservation Area, and is on your land, then you can remove it even if it is healthy.

Anyway, back to cars...
« Last Edit: 12 April 2015, 09:17 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2025 on: 12 April 2015, 09:20 »
I honestly don't think you can just chop healthy trees down on a whim any more but yes back to cars  :wink:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #2026 on: 12 April 2015, 10:02 »

He may not be able to remove it or may need permission to do so  if there are conditions on the original development planning permission.  If in doubt contact the local council.  Otherwise what you are saying only applies to protected trees.  If it's not protected in any way, no TPO, not in Conservation Area, and is on your land, then you can remove it even if it is healthy.

Anyway, back to cars...

All correct,  as long as not protected or part of new development (within 5 years) then your free to do as you like with it dead or alive.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2027 on: 12 April 2015, 10:16 »
enjoyed a bit of sport with a 7GTI tonight, night blue 3 door with wind deflectors, it was a bit one sided

Enjoyed a bit of sport with a 1.2TSI, silver with a silver haired lady driving it.
It was a bit one sided.
Mind you I spotted the parking space first so it had to be done, I don't care how old she was...   :whistle: :laugh:

(disclaimer - I might have just made that up just to get back on topic, trees are even more boring than detailing threads)

Ok, back to reality - the building site I live on seems to have been designed around the trees that were already in the field.
Nesting season is a definite no no for chopping bushes and trees around legally surely?
So not only do you have to put up with sap and blossom all over your car that has to be parked underneath but the baby birds empty their nappies all over it too...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2028 on: 12 April 2015, 10:57 »
                              I AM CONTEMPLATING CLEANING MY MK7 TODAY !!!!

There, back on topic  :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2029 on: 12 April 2015, 10:59 »
Washed and cleaned the beast, then touched up a couple of stone chips the LSG is better, it blends better than Tornado red.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.