Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2841237 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7830 on: 31 December 2017, 07:48 »
I've ordered a set of gloss black mirror caps to replace the ones I had wrapped, which I've never been 100% happy with.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7831 on: 31 December 2017, 11:12 »
Used my OBDeleven in anger for the first time.

Added fogs activating with high beam including the flash function, fan speed in auto and rain closure. Found it dead easy to use, you simply need to know what to change. Impressed!

Overall, it's already paid for itself with those few things.

It really is a brilliant bit of kit for the money. We're you already an android user Graham?

Yes - always had android so nothing needed extra there. I wondered whether a tablet would be better than my phone but I'm not sure the extra screen size is required. Got the bug to find out what I can change.The obdeleven forum is good but I like the way the VCDS stuff is the same (apart from the languages on the different software)

Extra screen size isn't needed. I wasn't using android when I got my OBDeleven so I bought a used Nexus 7 but then moved to an S8+ so just used the phone. The only thing I found handy about the tablet was if I was following a guide I could have the instructions on my phone while changing the setting on the tablet but I just use split screen on my phone if I need to.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7832 on: 31 December 2017, 18:58 »
Used my OBDeleven in anger for the first time.

Added fogs activating with high beam including the flash function

Has anybody managed to add this with VCDS? I looked today, but couldn't see it anywhere.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #7834 on: 01 January 2018, 18:59 »
Am I correct in thinking photo bucket has no longer free option ? Many uploads like mine are no longer visual 3rd party c*** like Ebay has now.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 19:02 by CHB100 »
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7835 on: 01 January 2018, 19:18 »
Yeah they did that last year. Total balls as it’s made a mess of loads of old threads across all forums. I think they want $400 per year!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #7836 on: 01 January 2018, 19:20 »
Yeah they did that last year. Total balls as it’s made a mess of loads of old threads across all forums. I think they want $400 per year!
Last year as in yesterday, I like it, congrats on being the first to use it! :wink:

So wants alternative please.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7837 on: 01 January 2018, 19:24 »
Ha ha!
There’s plenty of alternatives. Google photos, Flicker. I find imgur.com handy if it’s just a quick one photo upload. Tapatalk is handy too for forums that work on it.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7838 on: 01 January 2018, 19:26 »
Last year as in yesterday, I like it, congrats on being the first to use it! :wink:

So wants alternative please.

Postimg.org is easy to use. Create an account, upload an image selecting the do not resize option click on share image and select hotlink for forums. Paste into your post and hey presto! It's free but who knows how long it can survive for.... :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7839 on: 01 January 2018, 19:54 »
Postimage is quick and easy as above.  However, a word of caution, I noticed the other day that a load of images I’d uploaded with postimage last year on another forum had vanished and broken links. So whilst it’s quick and handy to use I now have doubts about its worth in the long term. For the most part I’ve used Flickr for last few years, as never liked Photobucket.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11