Author Topic: Thai's storm grey mk3 16v - FOR SALE / BREAKING  (Read 14812 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Thai's storm grey mk3 16v ...yes it does actually exist!
« Reply #20 on: 08 July 2013, 14:54 »
Nice one. :cool:

How much is a Sachs clutch? I can find a trade price and post it to ya if it's much cheaper

Darkside Developments - £159

I was checking prices on carparts4less yesterday and the 16v Sachs kit was about £130 iirc and the VR6 Sachs kit was just under £80. I added a bottle of brake fluid to the total and utilised their £10 discount code and the total came out at £68! I'm pretty happy with that tbh and will hopefully get them ordered next week.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #21 on: 08 July 2013, 14:56 »
In other news...

A pair of bargain mk4 rear calipers and some conversion hoses were ordered last night.
« Last Edit: 13 July 2013, 00:13 by thai-wronghorse »

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #22 on: 12 July 2013, 08:47 »
Wrong friggin calipers arrived - instead of mk4 GTI rears I received 1.4 fronts!  :angry: (seller has fully refunded though and said to just keep the calipers)
Complete new set of Goodridge hoses including mk4 banjo rears arrived. Time to source some more cheap correct rear calipers now.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2013, 00:18 »
I may be crippled at the moment but it certainly hasn't curbed my desire to stockpile parts!
Bought this clutch kit this evening :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171071557603

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
« Reply #24 on: 13 July 2013, 00:33 »
Bargain! good brand aswell.

Offline Junior74

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 13 July 2013, 19:15 »
Nice one...no better feeling than when you get a bargain!!!
Keep stock piling Thai.....

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #26 on: 24 July 2013, 08:07 »
I've been doing quite a bit of driving recently and absolutely no fettling what so ever and it's made me realise just how crap the brakes are plus the trusty old ABS llight has reared it's ugly head once again so a quick scan  revealed that the OSF sensor was goosed.
So,  a new one of those will be ordered this week along with some 312mm discs and fluid to compliment the 312mm carriers,  new front pads,  mk4 rear calipers and Goodridge braided hose conversion kit I've already got. Hopefully it'll stop a bit better then. 
« Last Edit: 24 July 2013, 16:14 by thai-wronghorse »

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #27 on: 24 July 2013, 12:51 »
I agree about the brakes. I always thought they were OK but then I got used to the brakes in the Passat and now when I go back to the Golf I'm thinking oh sh!t I need to press a lot harder!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #28 on: 18 August 2013, 21:43 »
What with the missus and daughter away this weekend I finally got outside for some much needed tinkering on the car and started digging out some of the parts ive collected over the past few months.

First port of call was to rip the horrendous alarm system that was installed by or for the previous owner, not only was it old and unreliable it was appallingly installed and looked as it someone had just thrown the wiring under the bonnet and and behind the glovebox whilst wearing a blindfold!
Once that was all discarded and tidied up I went about fitting the remote central locking kit i purchased from RightClick : http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=671
ridiculously easy to fit, especially with the mk3 Golf specific plug & play loom. as a bonus it also includes two mk4 style switchblade keys which meant i could debulk my bunch of keys.

Next job was change the few last pieces of vacuum hoses to silicone ones, remove the scuttle tray and clean out the crap from the pollen filter area, replace the broken loom tidy that attaches to the bulkhead and put some new fixings back in the scuttle tray as the ones that were in there were completely mangled from when i had it off for installing the ECU chip yonks ago. Basically it all looks a lot neater now.

Hopefully in the next couple of days il get the opportunity to crack on with these poxy brakes, the plan was to do them today but absent mindedness meant that i forgot to buy some brake fluid and an ABS sensor yesterday whilst my local VW motor factors was open...

Also awaiting the arrival of a middle exhaust box from an eBay seller as the baffles have started to break down in my current one. £20 posted - happy days  :smiley:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #29 on: 01 September 2013, 12:34 »
Gave the centre box a lick of hi-temp paint yesterday before digging out the jack and tools with the intention of fitting it but once I was out there and I simply lost interest as it was pretty damn warm and i was tired from the nipper keeping me up all night so instead packed it all back up and shot down to my local exhaust monkeys and slipped them £15 for the pleasure.
So finally the horrendous rattle has gone but I've now been greeted with a more throaty exhaust tone, a bit more vibration and my tailpipe now sticks out further from the bumper than it used to which I'm not a fan of tbh.  :sad:
Il hopefully get back down to the garage tomorrow at some point to see what they can do to improve matters...

On the whole though I'm kinda in limbo with this car at the moment as part of me wants to crack on and fit all the bits and pieces Ive accumulated over the past few months and the sensible part of me is thinking not to bother as this isn't going to be a long term car anymore as a change in work circumstances means that i really need a diesel estate and finding a decent late mk3 TDI wagon with A/C in a colour I actually like is near on impossible which could then donor a lot of parts from this.

I reckon an Audi A4 TDI 130 Avant could well be on the cards if I conjure up some magic beans in the next few months...