Author Topic: MK3 Anni  (Read 32202 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: MK3 Anni
« Reply #90 on: 08 September 2013, 00:14 »
Blimey thats some serious turret extension, as mentioned by dom does the bonnet close also taking into account the strut caps?..dubious about the coilover modifications tbh.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #91 on: 08 September 2013, 00:23 »
Blimey thats some serious turret extension, as mentioned by dom does the bonnet close also taking into account the strut caps?..dubious about the coilover modifications tbh.

Isn't that how the H&R Ultralow coilovers are constructed? I think the principal is fine but I'm not sure I'd be happy running homemade ones :undecided:

Offline swainy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #92 on: 08 September 2013, 09:16 »
Yer I have checked and the bonnet closes with caps on with about 5mm to spare, also will be plating the holes, I've done the passenger side just need some more card to make the templates for the others.
The coilies have been done before and it's a pretty straightforward job, makes it alot easier when the struts come out the bodies.
I did look at some h&r's at edition which lowered upto 180mm which looked to have them flipped with super short bodies.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2013, 12:17 by swainy »

Offline swainy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #93 on: 24 October 2013, 12:46 »
Been a while since i updated as got married a couple of weeks ago so that took priority.
Now thats all done and dusted i can get working on this again, just bought a house so got that to sort aswell, there is space to build a garage so that will be started in a few months once we get sorted out.
Im going to be fitting the engine and box in the bay so i dont have to lug it around whilst moving, i need a gearbox bracket so i can fit the 02j box but the one i have isnt right, struggling to find one at the mo.

Had the manifold turn up for the turbo the week before the wedding, which pleased the mrs.  :smiley:
Got the turbo bolted on, just hope it fits in the bay as it sticks back a fair way.

Offline Shizzle

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 24 October 2013, 12:54 »
Sorry a bit of track but does the Bora steering wheel fit straight on with no modifications???

MK3 Golf GTI 2.0 16v 3Door Storm Grey

Offline swainy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #95 on: 24 October 2013, 13:01 »
No not a direct fit, the splines are the same, you just need to drill 3 holes for the plastic bit on the back of the mk3 wheel to bolt on. Not a hard job just gotta get the holes in the right place.

Offline Shizzle

• I live here
« Reply #96 on: 24 October 2013, 13:04 »
ok thank you will definitely be looking out for 1 to do that.

MK3 Golf GTI 2.0 16v 3Door Storm Grey