Author Topic: MK3 Anni  (Read 32204 times)

Offline swainy

• GTI forum regular
MK3 Anni
« on: 24 August 2012, 12:51 »
So after killing the bora i had on air i decided to get a cheap run about, this was on Ed38 so went to have a look, it looked pretty clean, couple of slight rust bubbles under paint in a few areas but seemed to be pretty solid.
Bought it and drove it home the same day.

First job was to take off the skinny Anni steering wheel and fit the one from the Bora

The stereo was absolute crap compared to the Bora so made a sub box and amp rack

Also tinted the headlights

Just need to get some new speakers for the doors, got a set of mk4 seats that i may fit and have a few plans in the pipeline interior wise.

« Last Edit: 07 September 2013, 19:57 by swainy »

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Re: MK3 Anni
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2012, 12:54 »
Looks good! Anymore plans for it?
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline swainy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2012, 13:40 »
Yer want some coilies to sort the reverse rake out, got some 16" steels that I want to get banded unless I find some nice 17s, further down the line I'm going to 1.8t it and generally tidy it up.

It's got a cat back milltek on at the mo so thinking of either changing it for a standard exhaust or finding a silencer to fit as its too loud for me, think I must be getting old used to love a nice sounding exhaust.

I'm saving for my wedding for next October so majority of money is going on that but still doing cheap mods to tidy it up/make it run better.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2012, 14:38 »
Nice job on the boot install.. What killed the Bora?

Offline swainy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2012, 15:08 »
Cheers, it's the first time I've made a fibreglass enclosure so it's not the best but sounds half decent.

Smashed the gearbox on the bora, was only a 1.6 so it wasn't worth repairing so stripped it.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2012, 15:11 »
Cheers, it's the first time I've made a fibreglass enclosure so it's not the best but sounds half decent.

Smashed the gearbox on the bora, was only a 1.6 so it wasn't worth repairing so stripped it.

Even though you'd gone to the trouble of putting air on it?...
When is the golf going to be on it then?  :grin:

Offline swainy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2012, 15:31 »
Yer, I sold it all off to put towards other stuff and to be honest I wasn't that impressed with the air, don't get me wrong it was comfy and nice riding at whatever height but it was only a manual kit and was a mess about getting it all the same height etc. If I was to go air again it would be a full digital kit but that won't be happening in this anyone soon, coilovers and Tarmac kissing is where it's at.  :smiley:

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 August 2012, 17:07 »
Tidy looking mk3 mate :)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #8 on: 24 August 2012, 18:45 »
Good work so far.  :smiley:

Offline swainy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 24 August 2012, 21:14 »
Cheers, my pads turned up today so hopefully if it's not raining I'll be able to give it a machine polish this weekend.