Author Topic: 150 or 180??  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: 150 or 180??
« Reply #20 on: 14 April 2009, 14:59 »
Also however nice a 6 speed box is , it will be lots more $$$ if need replacing

Something else to think about  :undecided:

Cant do the cheap G60 VR6 clutch upgrade with the 6 speed box either.

would the standard clutch last if i was to have the car remapped, exhaust etc???

depends on your driving style and the clutch's current condition to be honest - some will last the lifetime of the car - some will last about 1000 miles!

Offline Argyle

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 14 April 2009, 15:03 »
ahhh right, something to think about whilst saving i suppose lol, do you think an AUM 1.8t would be the better option??

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #22 on: 14 April 2009, 15:06 »
ahhh right, something to think about whilst saving i suppose lol, do you think an AUM 1.8t would be the better option??

they remap to the same power so quite possibly yes though you may find the later 180's better specced as they were the last MKIV's off the production line

swings and roundabouts really

my advice is find the best one you can afford - make sure its been looked after and all the relevant servicing performed; just because its newer doesn't always mean its better if you get what i mean

Offline Argyle

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 14 April 2009, 16:40 »

they remap to the same power so quite possibly yes though you may find the later 180's better specced as they were the last MKIV's off the production line

swings and roundabouts really

my advice is find the best one you can afford - make sure its been looked after and all the relevant servicing performed; just because its newer doesn't always mean its better if you get what i mean

yeh makes perfect sense, thats why im saving that bit extra, just waiting for one to come along with f.s.h  and a higher spec etc got a good friend who works as a mechanic for v.w so hes gonna come along when i see one i like lol

Offline billy_vw

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 15 April 2009, 19:40 »
last year i had a AGU on a W plate and after a Remap the clutch lasted 24 hrs MAX *was biting high b4*

Hopefully my 02 plate AUM will give me a bit more life when i get it mapped :wink:
MK5 GT TDi