Author Topic: Stop start stopped  (Read 5380 times)

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
Re: Stop start stopped
« Reply #20 on: 09 May 2021, 18:32 »
Just a little update. My stop/start hasn't been working for a while but today it started kicking in, so maybe the battery level has improved now?

But I've noticed something else strange happening and it did it twice in a row. I reversed my car into my drive, put the handbrake on, and put it into neutral.... at which point the engine turned off and when it put it back into first it said on the screen 'Start engine manually'

What I thinks happening is that the stop/start enables once the cars put into neutral but won't start up due to the battery level? maybe?. Anyone else had this happen?

My OBDeleven arrived the other day so will check the battery charge. I should be able to figure out how to find it on the app myself but it anyone can point me in the exact direction then that would be great!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 09 May 2021, 18:36 »
Had you opened a door, even if you didn't get out?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 09 May 2021, 19:42 »
Had you opened a door, even if you didn't get out?

Nope. That wouldn't shut the engine off though?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 09 May 2021, 21:13 »
My previous car definitely did a similar thing, pretty sure it was when it stopped the engine at my works gates and when I got back in from opening them it gave the same message. Probably worth a perusal through the instructions, must be in there somewhere.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 09 May 2021, 21:53 »
Are your cars manual? Otherwise I might have said that it could be having to have your foot on the brake pedal before moving off/starting the engine.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 09 May 2021, 22:18 »
Yeah it’s a manual. Just confused as it’s never done it before

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 10 May 2021, 09:18 »
Invest in a battery tester which will test the battery on load. I suspect your problems will be solved by getting a new one and coding it in for stop start. (or coding the stop/start out which is what I did)
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 10 May 2021, 11:15 »
Invest in a battery tester which will test the battery on load. I suspect your problems will be solved by getting a new one and coding it in for stop start. (or coding the stop/start out which is what I did)

Is it possible to code the car such that S/S is off by default, but can be turned on with the button? The opposite of the standard setup?

Or is it a case of you can only code it out completely?

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 10 May 2021, 11:17 »
Just plugged the OBDeleven in for the first time and it says the battery voltage is 11.5v. Ffs!

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 10 May 2021, 12:11 »
I don't know if it is just my car and the fact that my battery is on the way out, but when I plugged the OBD11 in, it eats battery life for fun.
So much so after about 30 mins or so of messing about the car would not start and I had to recharge the battery.
Unless I was coding something that needed the engine to be off I had to have the car running :sad:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG