Author Topic: Service Book  (Read 4135 times)

Offline jharar

• Not said much yet
Service Book
« on: 25 September 2023, 22:34 »
Hi

I am looking to buy VW Golf r 7.5

It's only got 30k on the cloc, but the dealer does not have it's service history book.
As it was misplaced by last owner apparently.
Is there a chance to obtain a new Service book from the VW dealer and get it stamped again?

I have also read on Google MK7 Vw Golf did not came with service book it's all digital, Is that correct as you guys should be able to tell.

Also is there anyway I can check the service history online

Thanks.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Service Book
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2023, 23:13 »
There is no service book as standard anymore. The records are all kept electronically now.

The service department of your local VW dealer should be able to print the service records out for you if it has been serviced by VW.
7.5 GTD

Offline jharar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2023, 23:54 »
Oh well that’s strange..
I’m looking the car with Lookers and I asked them for the service History book and they told me it’s missing but last service was done by them..
Car only got 30k on the cloc so I guess if last service was done by Lookers there should be one service done by VW and the very first one which is PDI service , Right..?

Is there anyway I can check the service History myself online..!

Thanks

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2023, 06:54 »
I don’t believe you can check the Service History yourself but as above, a VW main Dealer should be able to print one of for you as can some Independents who have access to the System.
Good luck.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2023, 08:45 »
Just create yourself an erWin account online, which anyone can do, and you can view the history for your vehicle.

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

Thats what i have done and when i service my car i enter the details online keeping the digital history up to date.

I also have a service book which i stamp as normal.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2023, 09:12 »
The VW Service Record, though good for showing the type of service and dates, will not tell you actually what was done, so take a pad and pen and sit down with person accessing the record and write down all the work undertaken for further peace of mind

Recently purchased a MK 7.5 R and before purchased did just this given there was no service book, finding that its last service was actually a major and all the main components were serviced, such as the Haldex, Air Con, Spark Plugs, Oil and Filter and few bits more that cannot remember off top of head.

On service record it just stated oil and inspection.

Its time well spent as convinced me that car was well looked after mechanically alongside the car being immaculate on inspection also.

Had car a couple of weeks now and its driving like new, so hopefully again a sign to its well looked after history. Its a little time consuming but if truly set on a car and its down to the fine details to convince you, going a little bit more forensic on the service history and asking them to list what was actually done is worth it for peace of mind, as well as informing you of what service costs are ahead IE: in an R case, the Haldex maybe due in 6 months. 
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 26 September 2023, 10:29 »
Just create yourself an erWin account online, which anyone can do, and you can view the history for your vehicle.

Thats what i have done and when i service my car i enter the details online keeping the digital history up to date.

I've just registered and can't find how I access my service history - any advice gratefully received!  Thanks.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 26 September 2023, 11:33 »

That’s excellent, I’ll have a play when I get home👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2023, 12:10 »
I've just registered and can't find how I access my service history - any advice gratefully received!  Thanks.

I think its this, Products and services - digital service schedule - enter VIN.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2023, 14:26 »

I think its this, Products and services - digital service schedule - enter VIN.
Nope, doesn't work for me unfortunately, but thanks anyway.