Author Topic: New member searching- clubsport edition40  (Read 4258 times)

Offline tricky401

• Not said much yet
Re: New member searching- clubsport edition40
« Reply #20 on: 29 January 2023, 21:20 »
You looking at that silver car in Evesham? That looks really nice, top spec too.

That is the one. Viewed today. Unfortunately it looks better in the photos than in real life. Has had a questionable body repair, overspray etc, rusty chips on the bonnet and all 4 wheels have white worm

Shame as it’s the perfect spec

If anybody knows of any others for sale or a member is thinking of selling up please let me know

Offline tricky401

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 29 January 2023, 21:54 »
Just to add this is only my opinion and also my biggest drawback with used cars

I always expect to find them as I would be selling them, in the best condition they could be so I end up walking away from a fair few

If I could meet my long lost twin selling an Edition 40 I’d be a happy bunny  :grin:

Offline rob_the_jogger

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 30 January 2023, 13:40 »
Hi, l have a 3 door, pure white, with the recaro's that might be for sale in a month or so, l know it's not the spec you have been looking for, but just thought l'd throw it in the mix......?
Clubsport 302

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 30 January 2023, 15:22 »
That's a shame! :sad: I think you will find white worm with the alloys on the Clubsport Ed40s if they haven't been refurbished... even with no curbing the belvederes and brescias (and other diamond cut wheels) seem to suffer and they will be about 6 years old now. The questionable body repair would worry me too though!

You looking at that silver car in Evesham? That looks really nice, top spec too.

That is the one. Viewed today. Unfortunately it looks better in the photos than in real life. Has had a questionable body repair, overspray etc, rusty chips on the bonnet and all 4 wheels have white worm

If anybody knows of any others for sale or a member is thinking of selling up please let me know
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Legacywr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 30 January 2023, 19:07 »

That’s not good, did you travel far? Were you interested in making a cheaper offer?

Offline tricky401

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 30 January 2023, 19:38 »
Hi, l have a 3 door, pure white, with the recaro's that might be for sale in a month or so, l know it's not the spec you have been looking for, but just thought l'd throw it in the mix......?

Thanks but I really need a 5 door

Offline tricky401

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 30 January 2023, 19:39 »
That's a shame! :sad: I think you will find white worm with the alloys on the Clubsport Ed40s if they haven't been refurbished... even with no curbing the belvederes and brescias (and other diamond cut wheels) seem to suffer and they will be about 6 years old now. The questionable body repair would worry me too though!

Yep agreed on diamond cutting wheels especially vw wheels seem to suffer badly from this. The gloss black parts were also badly scratched so would need a full refurb

Offline tricky401

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 30 January 2023, 19:40 »

That’s not good, did you travel far? Were you interested in making a cheaper offer?

Not too far really, lost about 2 hours for the trip in total including the viewing as I wasn’t there long. I did think that but I’d have no idea how much the body work would cost to sort and the timescale of sorting such thing. The wheels would be easier but again it’s a tough one

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 31 January 2023, 16:08 »

APS have a decent CS40. Think I remember you saying you wanted 5 door. Not sure how much of a deal breaker 3/5 is. It's a great spec.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 31 January 2023, 16:24 »
A nice price on the APS car? :) 

The same mileage as mine, only I have DCC, which can't hurt? 

If the prices continue to go up on these, I may have to buy something else & put the CS away......

The thing is, it was bought as the runaround to keep mileage and use off of other cars.... You just can't win sometimes? :)