Author Topic: GTD occasional and very brief losses of power  (Read 8434 times)

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
GTD occasional and very brief losses of power
« on: 25 February 2013, 10:19 »
I don't know if anyone else with a GTD gets this, or if it's just me and not actually the car, but a few times recently, (twice on the way to work this morning), I've noticed very brief losses in power wh ile driving.

Seems to happen on uneven and undulating roads, I think perhaps when I go over a bit of a hill or a humpback bridge and start the descent.  When the power-blip happens it's very brief, a bit like me taking my foot off the accelerator for half a second, but it's slightly more severe than that.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this...I'm not asking for a solution...I'll book it into the garage soon anyway.
2009 Golf GTD in Pearlescent Black.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: GTD occasional and very brief losses of power
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2013, 10:49 »
Can't say I've experienced this.... :undecided:

Are you sure your not briefly taking your foot off the accelerator... :laugh:

Well someone had to say it!!! :wink:

Might be worth getting it checked at the dealers as you say your gonna anyways...
« Last Edit: 25 February 2013, 15:49 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2013, 11:48 »
I don't know if anyone else with a GTD gets this, or if it's just me and not actually the car, but a few times recently, (twice on the way to work this morning), I've noticed very brief losses in power wh ile driving.

Seems to happen on uneven and undulating roads, I think perhaps when I go over a bit of a hill or a humpback bridge and start the descent.  When the power-blip happens it's very brief, a bit like me taking my foot off the accelerator for half a second, but it's slightly more severe than that.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this...I'm not asking for a solution...I'll book it into the garage soon anyway.

My Leon FR does exactly the same thing as I enter our village over a hump back bridge.

I thought it was to do with the safety systems briefly cutting the power to the wheels as they loose grip over the bridge as the faster you go the more noticeable it is.

Could be completely wrong, but my diagnosis  :undecided:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2013, 21:23 »
Mine does it, think its normal. Find a good sharp hump back bridge leather it over it and you will get a funny dip on the other side in power. I thnk its to do with fuel or something.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2013, 21:27 »
Yeah my 2009 GTD did the same, completely normal.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 27 February 2013, 20:20 »
Thanks for the replies.  I know it's not me taking my foot off the pedal because the power-drop is more severe than when I *purposefully* take my foot off the pedal.  Plus I know it's not the ESP kicking in either...it happens when I'm not even close to losing traction.

But if it's a known thing then I won't worry too much about it, and will just mention it to the garage when I take it in next.
2009 Golf GTD in Pearlescent Black.

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 27 February 2013, 20:33 »
Hi,

This is a known phenomena to do with the common rail injection system. My GT140 does it too. I remember seeing threads about this a couple of years back; but I can't remember the exact cause but it was something re the CR system.

Duncan.
sssh; it's 'only a diesel'; but i love it!

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2013, 01:11 »
I've heard of this spluttering going over a hump back bridge but I can't remember which forum it was, mine doesn't splutter.

Have you done a VCDS scan?
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2013, 19:26 »
Mine does ittoo :shocked:

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2013, 21:03 »
Cant say I've noticed it.  Is it on 2009/2010 GTD?  I think we establish the engine was changed....
       GerTruDe - The GTD...