Author Topic: GTD Engine Differences/Specifications  (Read 19789 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: GTD Engine Differences/Specifications
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2013, 20:50 »
Be interesting to have two photos with engine covers removed.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline PaddyWagon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2013, 14:15 »
Hey Guys thanks for the input. Has helped me hugely. In the end I didnt go with either of the two I looked at on the Day. I managed to purchase an 11 reg White 3 Dr GTD. Because of it being an 11 it does indeed have the oil filler cap on the right hand side of the engine block, engine code CFGB. Am I right in assuming that this is the most recent CR 170 engine GTDs? As Ajmoir36 also points out I wonder what improvemets are in this engine over the CBAB and CBBB CR engines....? Id be interested to find out.

On a side note, what a car the GTD is. Havent stopped grinning since I picked it up a week again. Changed from an 05 reg GTI and in no way missing the power. Very pleased with my purchase.

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 30 January 2013, 21:24 »
Glad your sorted - they are great cars.... :smiley:

Let see a photo when you get a chance....
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 30 January 2013, 21:53 »
I'd be interested to know if they have been playing with the manual gearbox over the engine.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline PaddyWagon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 30 January 2013, 22:07 »
Well over on a few German forums they're reckon VW has been messing with the car ecu/map. Now I havent a word of german so was relying on google translate so I may have misunderstood. I searched Mk6 GTD CFGB into google and ended up on these german forums. Some members agrued that the newer model (mine) wasnt as powerful as earlier models both on BHP and top speed side. They were of the opinion VW had changed certain things in the new model to make it more refined and quieter all round which has seen them de-tune the car slightly for emmisions and noise purposes.
Now Im not sure what they are basing this on and google translate didnt make it the easiest to read but just said id relay what I had found.

I'll try get a photo up soon Cliff

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2013, 23:46 »
Hey Guys thanks for the input. Has helped me hugely. In the end I didnt go with either of the two I looked at on the Day. I managed to purchase an 11 reg White 3 Dr GTD. Because of it being an 11 it does indeed have the oil filler cap on the right hand side of the engine block, engine code CFGB. Am I right in assuming that this is the most recent CR 170 engine GTDs? As Ajmoir36 also points out I wonder what improvemets are in this engine over the CBAB and CBBB CR engines....? Id be interested to find out.

On a side note, what a car the GTD is. Havent stopped grinning since I picked it up a week again. Changed from an 05 reg GTI and in no way missing the power. Very pleased with my purchase.

Good choice and best colour too... :cool:

Get those pics up...

Pic uploader help HERE
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 01 February 2013, 06:35 »
Right number of doors :smiley: 
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 01 February 2013, 20:48 »

If you have no friends.  :grin:

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 03 February 2013, 18:29 »
If you have no friends.  :grin:
Friends don't mind.  The mother in law does  :wink:
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 03 February 2013, 19:17 »
No engine cover.