Author Topic: How long from time of order till you got a build week?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
How long from time of order till you got a build week?
« on: 06 September 2009, 09:38 »
I know this has been asked many times before but i forgot and looked but gave up :drool:
How long did it take from the dealer putting your car onto the ordering system did it take them to get a build week back from VW?
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
Re: How long from time of order till you got a build week?
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2009, 09:50 »
We ordered the car at the weekend, were told a provisional date, that day (week 38). On the Monday the build date was confirmed as week 42. I have checked with the dealer recently and it still at the same build week, with a chance it might get done sooner.
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline Paling

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2009, 14:42 »
I ordered my car on 15 July and was told sometime in September, I never even received a build week.  On 1 Sep I received an email stating that the car has been build and waiting in Emden, DE for shipping to the UK. 

So hopefully I will be able to pick the car up before the end of the month, which make it around 10 weeks.
Deep Black Golf GTi 5dr Mk6, 18'' Monza Shadows, Cruise Control, ACC, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Storage Pack, Front & Rear Park Assist and Flat Tyre indicator.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2009, 07:48 »

i was told my build week as soon as i ordered

so short answer to your question sees to be "it varies"   :grin:
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline DonnieDarko

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2009, 20:55 »
i ordered 31/7 - still no build week, and i even went in today to get the bloke to ring vw uk. no news.

i think i ticked too many boxes  :cry:
Just sold an S5 - previously mkV R32 DSG Metallic Grey with RNS 510 (thanks to MortyGT140)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #6 on: 08 September 2009, 19:56 »
Thank you VWKev looks like its on average 3 to 4 weeks. :smiley:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.