Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287693 times)

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1410 on: 02 August 2010, 14:01 »
I watched topgear episode 5 last night on iplayer in clarkson watches video's of Ayrton Senna and gives his verdict about him. He use to do the same, either other driver crashes or back out. IMO thats what racing is, you don't give your position away without trying to defend and schumacher did the same. but he got 10 grid plenty for next race  :lipsrsealed:

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1411 on: 02 August 2010, 14:16 »
there's defending and then there's tempting someone into a position and cutting them off against a concrete wall at 190mph

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #1412 on: 02 August 2010, 14:20 »
there's defending and then there's tempting someone into a position and cutting them off against a concrete wall at 190mph

thats what senna use to do, other drivers use to crash into him or back out  :lipsrsealed:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #1413 on: 02 August 2010, 16:09 »
Crashed into him or backed out . . . . I don't ever recall Senna sending someone into a wall on purpose at nearly 200mph.

adamrob69

« Reply #1414 on: 02 August 2010, 17:00 »
theres only one occasion i can remember senna actualy doing that and that was against Prost when he took him off on the first corner. But he only did that because he qualified pole but they stuck him on the dirty side of the grid so he said im either coming out the first corner in first place or neither of us are going to get through!

There is a time and a place. MS clearly broke the rules and got punished - rightly so. If you are entering or exiting a corner that is different (which is what i think the senna comment was regarding) you have the right to commit to one move and then you have to stick to your line. If the one move is a risky move then so be it, but you dont do it on a straight at 200mph and you dont make more then one move (which in my opinion MS did)

Offline gooseuk

• Here all the time
  • Diesel is the way forward
« Reply #1415 on: 02 August 2010, 17:31 »
I remember one move from senna. All senna had to do was finish ahead of prost or i think and then he was world champion. Off the line prost was ahead so senna smashed into the back of prost causing them both to crash and making senna world champion.

What schumacher did yesturday has happend for years. Very bad but this is motor racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oUii8XHYY&feature=related

7.55 into this shows you senna taking out prost on purpose.
Diesel power all the way

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1416 on: 02 August 2010, 18:43 »
You say he put him into the wall, but how did rubens pass then? A cars gap was left. It was an agressive move but not dangerous for drivers as good as f1 drivers

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #1417 on: 02 August 2010, 18:44 »
You say he put him into the wall, but how did rubens pass then? A cars gap was left. It was an agressive move but not dangerous for drivers as good as f1 drivers

agree

+1

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1418 on: 02 August 2010, 18:46 »
If the wall hadn't been there I reckon it was OK but Schumi was basically trying the "Eat wall or back off" approach which is a bit more Nascar than F1. Closing the door before anyone steps in it is OK, but closing the door when they're halfway in is a bit out of order.

Made for exciting television though!

Nick

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #1419 on: 02 August 2010, 19:18 »