Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287634 times)

Offline loki86

• Here all the time
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1350 on: 25 July 2010, 21:57 »
Ah, so constructors points will be penalised then. And once again, Teflonso cheats his way to another win...  :rolleyes:

Exactly, its pathetic but no less than I would expect from Ferrari and Alonso, dirty cheats and a stain on motor sport.
yes this was an awesome race but the fact that they had to send that message means they are wanting alonso to be up for bigger points i think and this will hinder any chances for massa to make a good year out of this

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #1351 on: 25 July 2010, 23:42 »
Awesome race??  :lipsrsealed:
I thought it was utter sh!t made worse by Ferrari favoring the mono brow and making Massa yield his place after being infront of him for 50 laps. they should strip Ferrari of all the points they earnt today...but that wont ever happen as the F.I.A has they're backs :lipsrsealed: :angry:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline VR6Lee

• Not said much yet
  • Women love duct tape
« Reply #1352 on: 26 July 2010, 00:04 »
This is why I love this sport. You can "wah, wah, wah, turn-off for normal fans" all you like,
but I do bloody love the soap opera side. Even today, awful race, we'd have nothing to talk about, and then this all happens.   

F1 scandals

I was p!ssed off about how Ferrari pulled if off. It was poor and plus all the bullsh!t they came out with afterwards  :angry:

Still feel we were all robbed of a good fight to the finish!

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1353 on: 26 July 2010, 02:51 »
now i'm no alonso or ferrari fan but this isn't the first time we've seen team orders affect a race this year is it? after the redbull's crashed in Turkey and the mclarens we're in front, Hamilton was told that Jenson was not going to try and pass him. I doubt that was jensons idea.

face it, it happens a fair bit , Ferrari just did it for no good reason. The team still got the same constructors points and Alonso won't win the championship.
Massa must now realise that he really will be the new barrichello for the next 2 years.

To defend alonso (  :sick: ) , he couldn't have just sat there and not passed even if he wanted to do the decent thing. Him and massa both work for Ferrari and we're doing what the boss said. Obviously , alonso didn't mind in reality ,and for me , watching him squirm in his press conference seat was almost worth it.

The only real loser in all this is poor Massa.

If I were him i'd get one of the smaller teams to buy my contract out and go and be the big fish in a small pond instead of being chum for sharks.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2010, 02:54 by monkeyalan »

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
« Reply #1354 on: 26 July 2010, 08:09 »
I was worried they might penalised Massa aswel. I think that may have been one  way to make teams/drivers think twice. I.e Massa slowed down and let him past so "took part in team orders" therefore breaking the rules.  :undecided:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1355 on: 26 July 2010, 10:05 »
the team orders rule needs changing/removing, its such a grey area. At least the other teams have the common sense not to be blatant about it and then refuse to admit it happened. Thats just insulting everyone's intelligence

Its a toughie, McLaren, Williams etc have always let their drivers race and have lost championships because of it, Ferrari have always had a no.1 driver and have had more success because of it.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1356 on: 26 July 2010, 10:41 »
you can't get rid of it , it would be impossible to police. 
All they'd have to do is have a code eg . 'turn fuel to setting 8' that has been agreed to behind the scenes and be a bit more subtle.

mclaren at turkey this year : they told jenson to "save fuel" and told lewis , jenson wouldn't overtake. you could chose to believe this was real or you could be a bit more cynical and think they didn't want to risk doing a red bull so made them hold station.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2010, 10:44 by monkeyalan »

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1357 on: 26 July 2010, 10:48 »
you can't get rid of it , it would be impossible to police. 
All they'd have to do is have a code eg . 'turn fuel to setting 8' that has been agreed to behind the scenes and be a bit more subtle.

mclaren at turkey this year : they told jenson to "save fuel" and told lewis , jenson wouldn't overtake. you could chose to believe this was real or you could be a bit more cynical and think they didn't want to risk doing a red bull so made them hold station.

Holding station is one thing, a blatant "pull over" is another. They could have been much more subtle with it. Hell they could have turned down the revs on Massa's car so he had no choice and claimed it was a "glitch" in the software. Anything would have been better than what they did.

All the other teams do it when needed but they have the descency to do it in a way which at leat doesn't make the viewer feel cheated.

Nick

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1358 on: 26 July 2010, 11:10 »
team orders are team orders in my book, both create a false result.
like i said , yes ,they could be more subtle but everyone knows when it happens , subtle or not.

At the end of the day the only people who have any control are the drivers. I can't imagine Senna pulling out of someones way or holding station and he's rated by most as the greatest ever.

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1359 on: 26 July 2010, 11:59 »
imagine how gutted you'd be if you had money on massa to win.  I reckon you'd have a good case against ferrari.