Author Topic: I blame you lot...  (Read 55062 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: I blame you lot...
« Reply #40 on: 25 June 2015, 17:12 »
I've just set mine at 40% and will see how it sounds when I take it to work later.

Let me know what you think of it at 40% please when you've had a chance to listen for a bit  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 26 June 2015, 05:19 »
The aircon blower drowned out both radio and any other noises on the way to work.
But a 4am finish and quiet roads gave me the opportunity to test the 40% soundaktor at various engine speeds.
All I can say is it's a thumbs up. The artificial noise blends into the general mechanical background notes and it sounds unobtrusive and plausible.
 :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #42 on: 26 June 2015, 08:54 »
The aircon blower drowned out both radio and any other noises on the way to work.
But a 4am finish and quiet roads gave me the opportunity to test the 40% soundaktor at various engine speeds.
All I can say is it's a thumbs up. The artificial noise blends into the general mechanical background notes and it sounds unobtrusive and plausible.

Nice sig M. Ex  :cool:

Cheers for the feedback - keep it coming.

Time will tell but I'll probably give mine a couple weeks with the Sounaktor stock, then turn it down to 30/40% as seems to be the sweet spot.  If still too obtrusive then the plug can be pulled.  We'll see.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 26 June 2015, 10:08 »

I have had mine turned to ZERO as it was unbearable. The engine still sounds nice and sporty with a very lovable roar on acceleration, the overall refinement is in a different league and I can now hear the exhausts popping away rather nicely.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 26 June 2015, 11:36 »
Is this what your looking for Ex http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260248.345;wap2;wap2

Im on my phone so not sure it will link properly. But here's the coding:

STG09 (Central Electronics)> Access Authorisation: 31347 > Adaptation Channels> Channel (8 )-Leuchte27 NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C27" > "Brake light on" set (default: nicht aktiv)

STG09 (Central Electronics)> Access Authorisation: 31347 > Adaptation Channels > Channel (10)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6-Dimming CD27" > on 100 Set(default: 0)

Auto coming home is also a good tweak.

http://vcds.greg-roberts.com/view-entries
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 26 June 2015, 12:17 »

I have had mine turned to ZERO as it was unbearable. The engine still sounds nice and sporty with a very lovable roar on acceleration, the overall refinement is in a different league and I can now hear the exhausts popping away rather nicely.

I'll try it all if necessary - Full chat, Subdued and OFF  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 26 June 2015, 14:33 »
Is this what your looking for Ex http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260248.345;wap2;wap2

Im on my phone so not sure it will link properly. But here's the coding:

STG09 (Central Electronics)> Access Authorisation: 31347 > Adaptation Channels> Channel (8 )-Leuchte27 NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C27" > "Brake light on" set (default: nicht aktiv)

STG09 (Central Electronics)> Access Authorisation: 31347 > Adaptation Channels > Channel (10)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6-Dimming CD27" > on 100 Set(default: 0)

Auto coming home is also a good tweak.

http://vcds.greg-roberts.com/view-entries

Thanks P3, that saves me a heap of searching around.
I'd had a general nose through the sub menu drop down boxes (in German) yesterday but wasn't confident enough to try changing anything. I'll have a go at that at the weekend now I have the info to hand.

(very grateful thumbs up smiley)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 26 June 2015, 14:42 »
Andy:
Which make of tyres do you have on your R?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 26 June 2015, 14:58 »
Andy:
I assumed everyone had worked out from my depressed silence on the subject that I have the predicted sh!testones.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 26 June 2015, 15:08 »
Andy:
I assumed everyone had worked out from my depressed silence on the subject that I have the predicted sh!testones.

Rubbish rubber like mine. I really do dislike them.

When driving on rough tarmac, do you notice noise emanating mostly from the front foot wells and a bit more from the passenger side front foot well?
« Last Edit: 26 June 2015, 15:13 by am1w »