Author Topic: End of warranty?  (Read 4503 times)

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
Re: End of warranty?
« Reply #20 on: 10 April 2024, 12:23 »
Johnsons VW who now own all trust group dealers have put up labour rates to £140 per hour now.

Extended warranty is a no brainer imo.

My local VW (Marshalls) is currently £156 per hour...  :sick:

Madness at that rate and mostly sh!t service! :grin:
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline alland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 08 July 2024, 19:13 »
Couple of points regarding the above discussion:
1) DO NOT BIN YOUR GTI! I too am retired, and have just bought a 2 month old MK8 - and I am now 73! This is my 7th GTI, I've owned them off and on since the MK1. Surely this is exactly what the Golf GTI is all about; not a be-winged tyre shredder with stupid BHP, but a brilliant all rounder that is great fun to drive - including the odd visit to Tesco's. Keep it, my friend.
2) Warranties: To be honest, I've always considered extended warranties another form of insurance, with too many caveats. However, my previous car was a Porsche Macan S (my second) which was bought new; brilliant car - right up to the point where it was out of warranty. Then you suddenly find yourself studying the instrument display looking for un-heralded warnings coming along, and thinking "if something goes wrong with this thing I will have to sell a kidney". Really, it takes a lot of pleasure away from the ownership experience. And I'm willing to bet the GTI will be no different, albeit on a slightly less expensive scale. Getting a decent warranty extension is the trick.

Offline Yorkshire gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 09 July 2024, 16:30 »
I’m keeping it for another 2 years definitely. Got the All in warranty too.  I do have some fun on the M62 sometimes when no grandchildren in the back 😂 and I also appreciate the handling on country roads. Now the “bongs” are sorted 🤞 it is an extremely fun and versatile car to drive.
MK 8 2021 Kings Red GTI
MK 7 2015  White GTI PP