Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 555203 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1630 on: 06 March 2018, 20:30 »

Going up to Middlesbrough on Saturday and wanted it to look presentable

I hope you`ve got locking wheels nuts.

I have. But it's very nice where I'm going, never had any bother at all. Other than the dirty crows leaving their mark on my car...

That soon to be purchased DA polishing machine will sort out those dirty crows marks in next to no time! :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1631 on: 06 March 2018, 21:07 »

Going up to Middlesbrough on Saturday and wanted it to look presentable

I hope you`ve got locking wheels nuts.

I have. But it's very nice where I'm going, never had any bother at all. Other than the dirty crows leaving their mark on my car...

That soon to be purchased DA polishing machine will sort out those dirty crows marks in next to no time! :grin:

Eh? Soon to be purchased what? :wink: :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1632 on: 06 March 2018, 21:33 »

I`m no too sure what kinda weekend you`re up there for but I`ve heard there`s a few dirty cows in the `borough.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1633 on: 09 March 2018, 13:52 »
Washed it hoping to at least get some QD or ideally some wax on and amazingly it started raining just before drying this time :angry: I should be shipped out to any drought regions across the globe as one quick wave of my sponge (sorry, I mean't mitt :wink:) and the heavens open :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1634 on: 10 March 2018, 18:00 »

Finally got round to cleaning the muck off after long drive to Worksop and back last weekend with all the salt on the road.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1635 on: 10 March 2018, 20:45 »
Same here, was a rushed job this morning so no time to polish exhaust tips or tyre dress etc, but it was great to get all the salt and grime off from the last few weeks.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1636 on: 11 March 2018, 18:24 »
After the last 2 weeks of snow, grit and general crappy weather, gave the GTI a quick detail. 2 hours work. Back to shiny! Tried out Carbon Collective Speciale which is a top up ceramic detailing spray, supposed to give up to 3 months protection so will report back.

Pre wash, snow foam, 2 bucket wash, dry and then applied the Speciale. Bit of trim and wheel dressing.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1637 on: 11 March 2018, 18:48 »
After the last 2 weeks of snow, grit and general crappy weather, gave the GTI a quick detail. 2 hours work. Back to shiny! Tried out Carbon Collective Speciale which is a top up ceramic detailing spray, supposed to give up to 3 months protection so will report back.

Pre wash, snow foam, 2 bucket wash, dry and then applied the Speciale. Bit of trim and wheel dressing.

Looks great Jim. Mine looks like your ‘before’ pictures at the moment :sad:. Hoping to get it looking clean and shiny again this week, weather permitting.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1638 on: 11 March 2018, 19:03 »

Looks great Jim. Mine looks like your ‘before’ pictures at the moment :sad:. Hoping to get it looking clean and shiny again this week, weather permitting.

It's not a great time of year. But keeping on top it is always my preferred option. Had lots of tar spots as well so had to get the Glue and tar remover out.
« Last Edit: 11 March 2018, 19:10 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1639 on: 11 March 2018, 19:11 »
Gave mine a one bucket and sponge wash today  :cool: