Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286259 times)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #960 on: 29 March 2010, 11:20 »
if you listen to Martin Whitmarsh as Jenson is being Weighed , his word were "good call on the tyres"

that was a driver tellin the team how he "felt" about the car

if the tyres felt good for Hamilton maybe he should have told the team he didnt need to pit

suppose thats the differance - Button called his own race instead of relying on the team to make that decision

Button for me all day long

Again... 2 different calls.. they are lifetimes apart in the scenarios.. can people not see that...

There was always going to be a point where they change from ints to slicks.. button choose to go early because he thought it was dry enough.. ok fair enough good call.. but Hamilton wasn't in discussions with Mclaren about pitting.. he was pushing hard, on the back of Kubica and then the team tells you to pit.. obviously even if you think your ok at that moment (20 odd laps to go) you will think the team have pulled you in because they have intel that you dont actually have on the race track...

Hamilton is a better driver all day long

Hamilton is a very good driver but yesterday he acted a bit spoilt plus his mind seemed to be elsewhere.

How was his mind in a better place?? he was without doubt the best person on the track.. and he wasn't acting spoilt.. he was f**ked off because of the sh!t they pulled on him
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

adamrob69

« Reply #961 on: 29 March 2010, 12:40 »
it wasn't hamiltons call for the pit; he doesn't know what everyone else is doing. At that time Mclaren would of had a pretty good idea that the rest was not going to stop and they did not put this across to LH. Hamilton quickly picked up on this after the stop and queried the decision asking why the rest arent stopping.

Button called his tyres because at some-point they ALL HAD to make a stop to put slicks on, it was only a matter of this lap or the next - and tbh it was an easy call when you have your team mate overtaking you and however many seconds quicker your not going to stop out are you! In a racing situation LH cannot predict what everyone else is doing like the team can, he can only call a pit if he has destroyed the tyres - thats common sense.

I think had he stayed out he would of easily caught up with button - maybe or maybe not overtake him before having to turn down the engine to preserve tyres etc

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #962 on: 29 March 2010, 12:46 »
finally... someone who has a bit of sense about them..

and before anyone goes off giving it large about hami chewing tyres up for fun... in testing hamilton was preserving the life of the tyres better than button...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #963 on: 29 March 2010, 12:47 »
There was no reason at all to call Lewis in for new tyres, when they pulled him in he was flying, setting best laps etc, if the only reason they pulled him was so they could gather data so they know whether or not Jenson will need to stop, then that is crap as everyone knows Jenson is very easy on his tyres during a race. I think Lewis was done over by his team for no reason and can see why he was a bit Pi55ed off.
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #964 on: 29 March 2010, 12:50 »
Blah blah blah blah blah.

It's racing, sh!t happens and whoever crosses the line 1st wins. JB did and LH didn't. Next time it could be different.

nick

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #965 on: 29 March 2010, 13:08 »
There was no reason at all to call Lewis in for new tyres, when they pulled him in he was flying, setting best laps etc, if the only reason they pulled him was so they could gather data so they know whether or not Jenson will need to stop, then that is crap as everyone knows Jenson is very easy on his tyres during a race. I think Lewis was done over by his team for no reason and can see why he was a bit Pi55ed off.

Lewis was not done over by his team, he has been with Mclaren since he was 14 they are or should favor him over Button.

He has always been harder on his tyres so if they were worried they were spot on to bring him in.

Also no getting away from the fact slagging the team off over the radio is not really a good move.

you talk so much sh!t its unreal... they have telemetry in place to check the heat of tyres as well as pressures and no doubt a host of other things...

And.. If you read any of the build up of this years f1 you would have read that Lewis is better on his tyres than Jenson...

He wasn't slagging the team off either.. he was questioning why the hell they had brought him in...

VW BUSH

« Reply #966 on: 29 March 2010, 13:16 »
Awsome race, JB was superb I am just glad that the monobrows at Ferrari did not win.
Alonso is a skank of the highest order........

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #967 on: 29 March 2010, 13:32 »
JB - 1
LH - 0

You're only as good as your last race.

From the coverage on telly JB seems the nicer bloke too. More relaxed in front of the camera. I can see him being a good pundit after he retires from racing. Unlike Coulthard who is obviously still in the pocket of Red Bull and comes to the defence of  of the Red Bull team in light of any criticism from the other two presenters.

It was quite embarassing to be honest. Red Bull lap dog springs to mind

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #968 on: 29 March 2010, 14:45 »
Agree with that last statement - JB is pretty chilled out. His tour of the McLaren garage with Jake Humpreys looked like a right giggle.

As much as I like Hamilton, he is just a bit straight laced and 'corporate'.

On a separate note, Vettel should have had two wins in the bag now. Its a shame, because he will be a champion one day, but RB need to get those gremlins out his car. Unless it is the way he is driving it? Webber never seems to suffer as much as Vettel?

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #969 on: 29 March 2010, 14:47 »
Vettel is this generation's johnny herbert