Author Topic: For Sale Sections  (Read 1588 times)

Offline GOLF_MK

• I live here
For Sale Sections
« on: 16 October 2008, 21:43 »
I've noticed quite a few people commenting on threads that items are too expensive or are not very good / they wouldn't touch them with a barge pole etc...

Would it be possible to prevent people other then the thread owner (seller) posting on the topic and have all communication from potential buyers being as PM's?

I've reported a couple of threads for 'abuse' (one being mine the other someone elses) as i don't think it's fair to comment on someone elses sale..........

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Re: For Sale Sections
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2008, 22:03 »
better to be informed of a lemon than going in blind.

Obviously when it get's abusive just report it and it will be dealt with. Peoples natural reaction is to tell you if something can be had cheaper, it's the nature of sales, you don't go into a shop and just buy something at face value, you try to get the best deal.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: For Sale Sections
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2008, 11:27 »
I see what you are saying with this. There are 2 extremes - e38 style where for sale adverts turn into some "bump for a top car" -fest, pages of talk without anyone actually being interested. Or you have clubgti where no posts are allowed on for sale adverts at all. Ideally, people just leave alone classifieds that they have no interest in. If something is too expensive then don't buy it!

:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity