Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285762 times)

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3940 on: 26 May 2013, 19:50 »
I just loved the fact Kimi suggested punching Perez in the face as talking to him won't work!!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3941 on: 26 May 2013, 20:58 »
I just loved the fact Kimi suggested punching Perez in the face as talking to him won't work!!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Kimi was VERY high up on my list of F1 drivers to respect, he is now WAY OUT IN FRONT, one for the way he dealt with him on track, and even more so with that kind comment  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #3942 on: 26 May 2013, 23:05 »
as Red bull boss said, F1 is no more racing......

its getting bored over n over again........they are suppose to race not look after tyres all the time

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3943 on: 27 May 2013, 00:17 »

its getting bored over n over again........they are suppose to race not look after tyres all the time

It is awful at the moment. I think most drivers have said that they are not enjoying this season at all. This was yet another race where the drivers was not allowed to race to full potential due to the tyres, you could see how slow they was going as when Vettel did push at the end he took over 2 seconds off his best time

They are using different kind of tyres in Canada so hopefully it will get better as right now it is just not real racing

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #3944 on: 27 May 2013, 02:32 »

It is awful at the moment. I think most drivers have said that they are not enjoying this season at all. This was yet another race where the drivers was not allowed to race to full potential due to the tyres, you could see how slow they was going as when Vettel did push at the end he took over 2 seconds off his best time

They are using different kind of tyres in Canada so hopefully it will get better as right now it is just not real racing

Bring back old F1, refuelling at pit stops, testing during season, better tyres....some proper racing please

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #3945 on: 27 May 2013, 12:13 »
the  track obviously didnt help, any other track Merc scrape a point or 2, Ferrari, RB, Lotus race.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3946 on: 27 May 2013, 20:16 »

Not anymore, FIA plus Ferrari / Lotus stepped in and stopped Pirelli making the changes they wanted which was to switch back to the 2012 tyres. it would have been against the rules to change the tyre spec this far into the season.

The bigger story brewing is that Mercedes took part in an illegal 3 day test with Pirelli: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107671 , I can see big trouble in store for Mercedes.

It also looks like Pirelli will walk away from F1 at the end of the season, Dunlop and Hankook are interested by all accounts.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2013, 20:18 by Wayne »

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3947 on: 17 June 2013, 20:27 »

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3948 on: 17 June 2013, 21:07 »
Murray Walker has cancer  :sad:

Just saw this on the BBC. Not good news, every cloud, he has had one hell of an innings!  :undecided:

VW BUSH

« Reply #3949 on: 30 June 2013, 20:33 »
what do you think then?