Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285739 times)

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3890 on: 25 March 2013, 01:30 »
Was not the best day really in terms of how F1 comes across in the racing aspect.

Does seem mad that both Vettel and Rosberg were faster than Hamilton/Webber but were just told to sit there and let their team mates get the win and podium

I know both Hamilton/Webber were told to turn the engine down or save fuel in the case of Hamilton but why should Rosberg suffer from Mercedes making a bad call with Hamilton? We seen last season that Vettel only won the championship with a 3 point gap. No wonder Rosberg was getting so angry, can't blame him at all

Anyway, Webber can stop crying like he does when this happens to him, only in the British Grand Prix 2011 he admitted to ignoring 4/5 messages from the team not to overtake Vettel and hold station, but he said he was not going to listen...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93001
If you listened to the post race comments, there is a lot more to it than what you make out!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3891 on: 25 March 2013, 01:37 »
Was not the best day really in terms of how F1 comes across in the racing aspect.

Does seem mad that both Vettel and Rosberg were faster than Hamilton/Webber but were just told to sit there and let their team mates get the win and podium

I know both Hamilton/Webber were told to turn the engine down or save fuel in the case of Hamilton but why should Rosberg suffer from Mercedes making a bad call with Hamilton? We seen last season that Vettel only won the championship with a 3 point gap. No wonder Rosberg was getting so angry, can't blame him at all

Anyway, Webber can stop crying like he does when this happens to him, only in the British Grand Prix 2011 he admitted to ignoring 4/5 messages from the team not to overtake Vettel and hold station, but he said he was not going to listen...

If you listened to the post race comments, there is a lot more to it than what you make out!

I just think people are going way over the top with Vettel on this. I am not his biggest fan , far from it as made clear a few times in this thread but he seen the opportunity and he took it.

Unfortunately, nice guys in sport don't usually win much, plus Webber is just not that good. Only ever finished as high as 3rd in the championship in 6 seasons at Red Bull, yet in just 4 seasons, Vettel has finished 2nd and won 3 championships. Webber is very lucky to even be in that team.

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #3892 on: 25 March 2013, 01:54 »

I just think people are going way over the top with Vettel on this. I am not his biggest fan , far from it as made clear a few times in this thread but he seen the opportunity and he took it.

Unfortunately, nice guys in sport don't usually win much, plus Webber is just not that good. Only ever finished as high as 3rd in the championship in 6 seasons at Red Bull, yet in just 4 seasons, Vettel has finished 2nd and won 3 championships. Webber is very lucky to even be in that team.

Ok M8.....

Lots more to it than that...but your'e welcome to surmise it like that...

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3893 on: 25 March 2013, 02:04 »

Ok M8.....

Lots more to it than that...but your'e welcome to surmise it like that...

Well come on then..what is your view on it all then? Seeing as you think I am so wrong about it

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #3894 on: 25 March 2013, 02:55 »
Not just my view just what went round the paddock afterwards...

Vettle said sorry.... Webbers said FU M8.. RB have cancelled the post race pic's

LH said sorry to NR & then NR said "Did he say that"... well that's good as it's about the team and not me...

You really need to listen to the "Full Story" before pontificating....

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3895 on: 25 March 2013, 03:05 »
Not just my view just what went round the paddock afterwards...

Vettle said sorry.... Webbers said FU M8.. RB have cancelled the post race pic's

LH said sorry to NR & then NR said "Did he say that"... well that's good as it's about the team and not me...

You really need to listen to the "Full Story" before pontificating....

Vettle isn't sorry for what he did though, like I was saying, he seen the chance to gain more points and even though it was wrong, he did it. Champions do what ever it takes to win, even if that means ignoring team orders and losing respect of people around you.

Thanks for offering your thoughts on the matter though....

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #3896 on: 25 March 2013, 16:14 »
I just love the "PR" in all this. Vettel has said how sorry he is and how he would take it back if he could. All total bullcarp. He doesn't give a damn about Webber because he knows he's protected (Vettel). He knew he was faster and decided to call the team's bluff. If they REALLY wanted him to go back to 2nd they would have made him move over. He's played the team. He won. Nothing more will come of this other than Webber being really p'd off.

Mark will retire or do one more season in a different team. He knows he'll get no more out of RB. They will always go for Finger Boy over him.

And as for team orders, I think they should be banned throughout the year until one driver in a team has no mathematical way to win the drivers' championship.

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline LittleReDuck

• GTI forum regular
  • '98 180bhp MK3 1.8T and Loving It
« Reply #3897 on: 25 March 2013, 16:31 »
I just love the "PR" in all this. Vettel has said how sorry he is and how he would take it back if he could. All total bullcarp. He doesn't give a damn about Webber because he knows he's protected (Vettel). He knew he was faster and decided to call the team's bluff. If they REALLY wanted him to go back to 2nd they would have made him move over. He's played the team. He won. Nothing more will come of this other than Webber being really p'd off.

Mark will retire or do one more season in a different team. He knows he'll get no more out of RB. They will always go for Finger Boy over him.

And as for team orders, I think they should be banned throughout the year until one driver in a team has no mathematical way to win the drivers' championship.
:grin:
VR Died...Now running MK3 Golf 180bhp 1.8T

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #3898 on: 27 March 2013, 12:12 »
the thing with vettel that bugs everyone is hes so nice, but everyone knows hes a ruthless little sh!t!

he tries to be all sweetness to the cameras but its all false, and everyone who dosnt have thier head up there arse can see it. his idol was schumacher and look how he conducted himself through his career?

most of the time he had the best car, in austraila 94 he ran into hill, putting him out. he said it was not delibrate but tried it again in 97 with villneuve.

schumacher was not as rosy with the cameras as vettel but a wins a win and thats all they give a f**k about.

id be the same tbh, but then in post race intreviews vettel was asked if he was happy with the win?

"no" he replies!

what a thingy. why pass webber then? why ignore team orders then?

little prick should be shot at dawn.

and thats it about vettel hes false as f**k, great driver but a complete sh!thouse.

the fans he had last weekend should be thinking twice.......
mk2 bright blue met bits wanted in north west.

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #3899 on: 27 March 2013, 19:46 »
Should just let them race if they crash they crash
Webber is coming to the end of his career RB won't care about
Him vettel is still young and 3 time champ they won't want to upset him
Incase he leaves the team

Was still wrong but ignoring orders but it's a race he might of done it to match schumis win record
At malaysia