Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285744 times)

VeeDubGTI16v

Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3320 on: 28 April 2012, 10:36 »
at the end of the day kimi is a racer, if he could have he would have overtaken vettel!

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3321 on: 28 April 2012, 11:03 »
Going to be a long two weeks to wait until the next race.

Glad to have the European races now though. Could see some big upgrades for the coming races.

Anyone here going to any Grand Prix's this summer?

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3322 on: 28 April 2012, 12:20 »
I'll be going to Brazil as I do every year.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3323 on: 28 April 2012, 12:23 »
Why can't they race every week!!!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3324 on: 03 May 2012, 14:12 »
bout time they did something...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17937295

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3325 on: 05 May 2012, 10:34 »
At my parents house this weekend...They have sky, I am watching the F1 show at currently and am struggling to give this plonker Anthony Davidson any credit. Himself and Teddy K are talking about their 'top3' over takes of the season. He sounds like he stumbling through his speech and is really trying hard to pretend to know what he is talking about. I know he probably does know what he is talking about but the way he comes across is quite poor IMO.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #3326 on: 05 May 2012, 21:33 »
Anthony Davidson the ex formula one and Peugeot Le Mans driver?

Yeah he knows feck alL
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3327 on: 05 May 2012, 22:21 »
He annoys me, and so does everyone at Sky apart from Brundle and Kravitz. Much rather watch BBC with DC, EJ and Jake.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #3328 on: 05 May 2012, 22:23 »
He annoys me, and so does everyone at Sky apart from Brundle and Kravitz. Much rather watch BBC with DC, EJ and Jake.

Agreed, beeb had it spot on

The sky stuff is all a bit of a Bollox!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3329 on: 05 May 2012, 23:16 »
I think Sky will get better, they are only a few races in to their coverage, but they so need to change stuff to get it right.

Few things I would change ;

Get rid of that blonde girl, yes she looks nice, but she knows f**k all about F1 and adds nothing at all to the show

Same for the Skypad during the live coverage, poor Ant , who does know a hell of a lot about F1 is always stuck up there with nodding dog girl

Damon Hill, love him, great racer and did a lot of work to get Silverstone where it is now, but my god, he makes for dull TV
BBC have Jake, EJ and DC, 3 great personalities who I enjoy watching, Sky for their main team, have Hill, Brundle and that boring wooden guy, this needs to change
Lastly, every single time I have watched the post race live coverage on Sky, they always rush off at the end...why...they are on a channel that is for F1 only, should never have to rush off air..to show what..another repeat? Makes no sense.

So for me, just little things need changing and it would make it much better imo