Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285765 times)

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2850 on: 27 November 2011, 17:43 »
To try and get webber 2nd place
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #2851 on: 27 November 2011, 17:49 »
good race from button, and from vettel if he had a box problem.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2852 on: 27 November 2011, 23:32 »
Vettel / Redbull are full of bs @ the best of times without faking a gearbox problem.

What made it worse was Vettel comparing himself to Senna in 1991 sorry but he is not in the same league.

Bit like the pole record, Mansell did 14 / 16 races, Vettel 15 / 19.

I just hope the other teams are closer next year or I fear more and more people will give with F1 in much the same way as when Schumacher was winning all the time.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2853 on: 28 November 2011, 00:50 »
being there at the track I did see/hear vettel shortshifting. Whether or not he put it on, who knows. All I know is vettel is a very very good driver. Maybe not senna good, but pretty damn good. On throttle a good 10m before anyone else out of the corner, and no hesitation, on throttle, straight to full power.

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2854 on: 28 November 2011, 03:31 »
being there at the track I did see/hear vettel shortshifting. Whether or not he put it on, who knows. All I know is vettel is a very very good driver. Maybe not senna good, but pretty damn good. On throttle a good 10m before anyone else out of the corner, and no hesitation, on throttle, straight to full power.

He was told to short-shift so of course you would have heard him short-shift, we could see and hear him short-shift on the tv telelmetry...

Same with regards to him getting on the power, his car is that much better than pretty much anyone elses except Webbers, and I don't think Webber has the ability Seb has.. If you don't have the car, no matter how much you want it, you can't overdrive it..
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #2855 on: 28 November 2011, 08:13 »
Unfortunately unless mclaren and Ferrari really up their game I can see similar results next season, until someone else gets a handle on how red bull are that much faster in the corners formula 1 will slowly become a poor spectacle again.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #2856 on: 28 November 2011, 11:07 »
Vettel is extremely talented, anyone who cant see that must be mental. To drive one of those cars takes immense skill and I doubt many of us would be able to get one 1/4 round a circuit. Anyone who wins back to back titles deserves credit. Redbull was best this season - fact, Vettle was waesome this season - FACT.

I am a fan of McLaren and hope they get the car setup to challenge for next season, I would also like to see a mix of cars competing for the top honours, makes it more intresting. Lewis needs to stop crying about Nicole and get focused and Button, well he done superb this season. Well deserved second place.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2857 on: 28 November 2011, 12:56 »
Vettel is extremely talented, anyone who cant see that must be mental. To drive one of those cars takes immense skill and I doubt many of us would be able to get one 1/4 round a circuit. Anyone who wins back to back titles deserves credit. Redbull was best this season - fact, Vettle was waesome this season - FACT.

I think the problem is that he has never won a race from lower down the field, all he seems to do is stick it on pole and drive into the distance, had he won a race from say 14th on the grid then it is a different story.

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #2858 on: 28 November 2011, 13:09 »
The problem is Wayne the teams these days are in divisions, Premier League would be RedBull, McLaren and Ferrari etc etc. If you stick everyone in like for like cars what would the outcome be? Schuey winning again? I disagree. He has talent in a car that handles well but is not the fastest. That's a skill surely Wayne?

Hamilton will be at RedBull in 2013.

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #2859 on: 28 November 2011, 13:14 »
Vettel is better than Weber in the same way that Button is better than Hamilton.

Button was getter faster lap times than Hamilton on the harder compound tyre when Ham was on the soft!
So the drivers do make a difference!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk