Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285762 times)

Offline bigstring

• GTI forum regular
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1540 on: 15 September 2010, 09:53 »
I think if they get the merc up there he could do it, put him back where he used to be and he would fly!

Not sure the old schumacher can come back. I mean when he was dominating loads of testing was there to sort out issues with the car etc. But know hes gotta deal with whats there and some how over come it in a shorter time. The real schumacher not quite back not sure he will be. But i aint gonna right him off. There is a lot of reasons why hes not there yet. Just gonna take alot of time to get it all back.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1541 on: 15 September 2010, 09:55 »
Legard is a bit of a tool. I've not spoken to one person who likes him.

i don't mind him but anything is better than the morons who do it here either side of the adverts.  :sick

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1542 on: 15 September 2010, 12:33 »
As far as the Shumacer argument goes he was brilliant in his Glory years. No way has be ruined them at all! You have to remember the man is now older and been out of F1 for a crucial few years, his skill is still there as your seeing in some of the last race's, he returned to F1 as the competiton else where wasnt good enough and he wanted a challenge, also you have to remember he has a bad accident that effected his neck on a motorbike which he has had trouble with this year. His competition in his championship years was of good quality drivers aswel, hakenin was unreal!
He was a far better driver than the likes of Rikonnen, Vettle or Button,

I think todays drivers are improving there skills all the time, there is still the good and bad drivers in F1 and the ones showing skill for future careers in F1,

And as for Legard getting sacked, the sooner the better!!!!  :grin: :grin: :grin:  Boring, miserable, uninterested, old tw4t if you ask me  :smiley:

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #1543 on: 15 September 2010, 12:42 »
I don't think Schumacher has lost his touch at all. If you remember, when he first went to Ferrari, it was years before he started winning championships, and I have to say, if it was not for Schumacher, then I think Ferraris recent success may not have materialised.
Racing is not just about winning races. Its about knowing what is wrong with the car and getting it fixed as far as set up, weight distribution, aerodynamics etc. Schumacher is at one with in depth knowledge on how to make these things work and this is his first year with a brand new team. I think there is more to come.
That said, his tactics on the track leave alot to be desired.
IMO, he is one of the best racing drivers that has ever lived.

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1544 on: 15 September 2010, 13:08 »
I don't think Schumacher has lost his touch at all. If you remember, when he first went to Ferrari, it was years before he started winning championships, and I have to say, if it was not for Schumacher, then I think Ferraris recent success may not have materialised.
Racing is not just about winning races. Its about knowing what is wrong with the car and getting it fixed as far as set up, weight distribution, aerodynamics etc. Schumacher is at one with in depth knowledge on how to make these things work and this is his first year with a brand new team. I think there is more to come.
That said, his tactics on the track leave alot to be desired.
IMO, he is one of the best racing drivers that has ever lived.

Couldn't have said it better myself! I think he is still understanding the new cars and getting the feeling for the setups, if he stays on next season and the mercades pulls its socks up to compete with the big teams it wouldn't surprise me to see his fighting with Alonso, Hamilton, Webber...

I do have to say, as this season has went on the more the real drivers are proving them selves.

Button & Vettle really have upped there game this season! Webber IMO should be the number 1 driver at Red Bull, Vettle has just proved how much of a wassock he is, he's still a fantastic driver but is just too imature. Button seems really determined to prove he isnt number 2 and can keep up with Hamilton, he has really impressed me, i thought he didnt have it in him but he has stepped up a mark this year!

If Renault up there game for next season and get Rikonnen and Kubica as a team the racing would be great!

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1545 on: 15 September 2010, 13:21 »
I'm glad he's still racing.  Him racing makes the race more interesting and less processional.

Offline apie2004

• Here all the time
« Reply #1546 on: 15 September 2010, 13:54 »

i don't mind him but anything is better than the morons who do it here either side of the adverts.  :sick

Woah woah woah, lets not forget what an improvment Legard is over James "The Cock" Allen

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1547 on: 15 September 2010, 14:35 »

Woah woah woah, lets not forget what an improvment Legard is over James "The Cock" Allen

Improvement? Really? You honestly think Legard is an improvement on anyone? hmmm  :undecided:

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1548 on: 16 September 2010, 07:18 »
I like James Allen , his website is great.

adamrob69

« Reply #1549 on: 16 September 2010, 12:49 »
I like James Allen , his website is great.

+1