Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288115 times)

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3920 on: 19 April 2013, 11:00 »
I hate DRS, its like a mushroom power up on Mario kart, hardly racing.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3921 on: 23 April 2013, 18:24 »
This article which is very tongue in cheek actually sums up the currently problem F1 has at the moment ;

Jenson Button has launched a furious attack on McLaren team mate Sergio Perez after the Mexican driver repeatedly tussled with his British counterpart during yesterday’s Bahrain Grand Prix.

‘Checo’s behaviour out there was ridiculous,’ Button fumed last night. ‘Apparently he was doing something called ‘racing’ in which a driver tries to get past another driver to enable them to obtain a better finishing position and therefore score more world championship points. I’ve never heard of anything so dangerous in my life.’

Button was quick to rebuff suggestions that TV viewers might have enjoyed seeing the two McLarens in wheel-to-wheel combat on the Bahrain circuit. ‘Yea, apparently some people found it ‘entertaining’ or something,’ the British driver snapped. ‘And honestly, they’re completely missing the point of the sport. Formula 1 isn’t about two well-matched cars relentlessly overtaking each other in a tense battle of nerve and skill; Formula 1 is about carefully looking after your tyres and waiting for people with laptops to calculate a strategy for pit stops and fuel conservation.’

‘Look, I had enough of this ‘overtaking’ sh!t with the last guy,’ the Frome-born racer concluded in that funny voice of his that sounds like he needs to do a big cough. ‘With him gone, this season I was promised a b!tch. Does anyone have a number for Felipe Massa?’

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3922 on: 23 April 2013, 19:56 »
what f1 needs (imo) is slightly more durable tyres, ones that will last maybe 80% of the stint at balls out pace. Plus get rid of DRS, it makes the racing too artificial! I'd rather see a quarter of the overtakes but each one needing full commitment or a balls out move from the driver.

Offline apie2004

• Here all the time
« Reply #3923 on: 24 April 2013, 09:21 »
This article which is very tongue in cheek actually sums up the currently problem F1 has at the moment ;

Jenson Button has launched a furious attack on McLaren team mate Sergio Perez after the Mexican driver repeatedly tussled with his British counterpart during yesterday’s Bahrain Grand Prix.

‘Checo’s behaviour out there was ridiculous,’ Button fumed last night. ‘Apparently he was doing something called ‘racing’ in which a driver tries to get past another driver to enable them to obtain a better finishing position and therefore score more world championship points. I’ve never heard of anything so dangerous in my life.’

Button was quick to rebuff suggestions that TV viewers might have enjoyed seeing the two McLarens in wheel-to-wheel combat on the Bahrain circuit. ‘Yea, apparently some people found it ‘entertaining’ or something,’ the British driver snapped. ‘And honestly, they’re completely missing the point of the sport. Formula 1 isn’t about two well-matched cars relentlessly overtaking each other in a tense battle of nerve and skill; Formula 1 is about carefully looking after your tyres and waiting for people with laptops to calculate a strategy for pit stops and fuel conservation.’

‘Look, I had enough of this ‘overtaking’ sh!t with the last guy,’ the Frome-born racer concluded in that funny voice of his that sounds like he needs to do a big cough. ‘With him gone, this season I was promised a b!tch. Does anyone have a number for Felipe Massa?’

Is it sad that I thought that might be from www.sniffpetrol.com

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #3924 on: 24 April 2013, 09:32 »
and this is why both MOTO GP and BTCC are far more entertaining.

Especially Martinez this season, the boys a flyer.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3925 on: 24 April 2013, 13:58 »
and this is why both MOTO GP and BTCC are far more entertaining.

Especially Martinez this season, the boys a flyer.

You mean Marquez, right?

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #3926 on: 24 April 2013, 15:24 »
Yeah him.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3927 on: 24 April 2013, 15:36 »
I wouldn't be surprised if he won the championship this year. He's certainly got the speed and skill, the question is whether or not he has the consistency. If he loses it this year it'll be down to inexperience and inconsistency. I'd like to see Dani Pedrosa win it purely because he's come so close for so long I feel sorry for him, in the same way I'd like to see Webber win the F1 championship some year too. However Rossi is the man, he knows how to be a great sportsman and leader.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3928 on: 24 April 2013, 21:59 »
Ha. Webber, win, are you mad!

That guy will be following Rubens soon I reckon.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3929 on: 12 May 2013, 15:33 »
Yet another boring race this season. Seems this year it is going to be all about tyre saving than actual racing.

Monaco next....so another bore fest on its way