Author Topic: Xenons or standard lights?  (Read 14478 times)

Offline herbie911

• Here all the time
Re: Xenons or standard lights?
« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2009, 22:30 »
If you have Xenon in your car before, you will regret not to spec this option on your new car. 
I think its scandalous for VW charging this sort of money for a family hatch.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 16 August 2009, 22:39 »
I agree with you herbie911 about VW charging so much for xenons... and I have driven in cars with xenons... its fantastic when driving in the countryside in Europe... when you driving alone, I swear it feels like you can light up all the way to the moon. But with the cost factor and all, I guess if you have cash to burn, its a great accessory...
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 16 August 2009, 23:31 »
My reckoning is you have already made your mind up but just want it to be justified, which we all do  :smiley:
Go for it as you will only regret it if you don't!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #23 on: 16 August 2009, 23:37 »
If you have Xenon in your car before, you will regret not to spec this option on your new car. 

A family hatch ? Is that what you think the GTI is ?

If I walk into a VW dealer my opinion is that the GTI would be the last car they would show you if you asked for a family hatchback. I'm pretty sure they would show the standard Golf.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 16 August 2009, 23:49 »

If I walk into a VW dealer my opinion is that the GTI would be the last car they would show you if you asked for a family hatchback. I'm pretty sure they would show the standard Golf.

What else is it then?
It is exactly that...a Golf. Albeit a quick, nimble, reasonably fun Golf...but a Golf none the less.
It's not a Sportscar, small Citycar, posibg chariot...it's a family hatch.

That fact doesn't put me off buying one...but I also can't escape exactly what it is...a family hatchback. Practical, comfortable, refined, and able to transport my family.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Wurzel

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 16 August 2009, 23:56 »

It is a family hatch. They've just made it sportier by giving it a nippy engine and fitting some body styling etc.
1999 mk4 1.8 n/a AGN Silver Grey
***Looking for one 16 inch wheel, Montreal 2*** and a rear parcel shelf (without speaker holes!)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 16 August 2009, 23:59 »

It is a family hatch. They've just made it sportier by giving it a nippy engine and fitting some body styling etc.

Focus RS should be a family hatch by that definition too then ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 17 August 2009, 00:03 »

What else is it then?
It is exactly that...a Golf. Albeit a quick, nimble, reasonably fun Golf...but a Golf none the less.
It's not a Sportscar, small Citycar, posibg chariot...it's a family hatch.

That fact doesn't put me off buying one...but I also can't escape exactly what it is...a family hatchback. Practical, comfortable, refined, and able to transport my family.

Have I got a camera on me, is this a wind up ? The GTI is not a sports car ?

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #28 on: 17 August 2009, 00:09 »
to be a family hatch it needs to have 5 doors imo and no loss of luggage space or seats compared to its lesser brethren.

golf gti is a "hot family" hatch.  R32 is pushing it, since it loses boot space due to 4WD hardware.

focus RS, R26R are 3 door only so not v. family friendly.... hence hot hatches only

other "hot family" hatches are: mazda 3 mps, leon cupra, bmw 130i (tho tiny interior), octavia vrS

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline VWKev

• I live here