Author Topic: another MFA prob!!!  (Read 8082 times)

Offline Simon8v91

• Here all the time
Re: another MFA prob!!!
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2007, 17:30 »
Hi jammac, Let us now how you get on and how you ressolve it.  This old chestnut comes up alot  :smiley:

Offline jammac

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 30 May 2007, 09:33 »
yeah cheers, ill let you know. im trying to study for an exam at the mo so leaving the pesky car alone! its taking up valuable revision time!  :sad:

ITS A TRAP!

Offline stomper

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 30 May 2007, 10:28 »
My 16v has --- on the MFA so i'm waiting for some solutions to the problem, i've replaced the oil temp sender to no avail.

2003 Black Magic Bora Sport 1.8T (180)
AMD remap
Milltek Cat-back exhaust
18" BBS RC's
Eibach 30mm Springs with Boge Shocks
Front and Rear V6 4Motion Valances

Offline jammac

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 04 June 2007, 17:20 »
ok heres the pics! (only just worked out how to add pics)

this is the new oil temp sensor fitted

the old one

ive come to the conclusion that the original part was the worng part? as it looks nowt like the one pictured previously in this post.

ive got the part number and have ordered it from VAG! hopefully this will cure my 160degree continuous oil temperature!  :sick:

ITS A TRAP!

Offline Simon8v91

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 04 June 2007, 18:45 »
Thats an oil pressure switch not a temp sender!  :smiley:

Go get the part either RubJ or I mentioned, it will be much smaller (see pic) and you may have to use a different spade connector.  I would try 049 919 563 A   "oil temperature gauge sender" £12.19
 first, its cheeper than the one RubJ suggests and works for me  :wink:

Make sure it uses the green and black wire.  :smiley:

Offline jammac

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 07 June 2007, 17:08 »
WOOO HOOOO! GREAT SUCESS!

went down the scrappy today and robbed a new sensor fitted it and my oil temp was reading 50-60! i thought oh no here we go! theres more to this than what i thought.

later that same day i went to pick up my new one from VW and it works perfectly! im getting 92-98 which is prob about right from what ive read on here.

thanks for your input guys youve helped hugely!  :smiley:

ITS A TRAP!

Offline garrym79

• Just got here
« Reply #26 on: 06 September 2022, 16:23 »
Once again Rubjonnys info fixed my MFA oil temp.

I was curious also about the 160 for oil temp, I had a look for the sensor and found the top was damaged, the wire (black/green) was screwed onto the distributor as an earth by the previous owners. I myself had the distributor out recently as the hall sensor had failed. I also incorrectly hooked up the 'earth' wire.

I had to solder a spade connector onto the brass sensor stub as the plate part had broken off. I also sturdied it a little with a silicon hose over my bodge and some hot glue injected inside. It now works.

Thanks for info on hidden menus also. Now to understand all the info.